Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2016, 04:32 AM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
LED bulb replacement

Doing multiple upgrades to our 2007 3400RL. Next on the list is changing out all the bulbs to LED's. I know to use M4 products. Taking inventory of the inside and basement is easy, but does anyone know how I can find out which bulbs I need for the outside, to include porch light, scare light, running lights, and rear tail lights? Trying to minimize my trips up the ladder-I don't bounce near as well as I did years ago. I would assume that the fixtures are the same on similar model years just the quantity might differ? Thanks.

drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
They offer a plate with 40 LEDs on it. They put out a LOT of light. Over twice that of a bulb and would do a great job for you. They have both the BA15s and the 10T base in the box.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:22 PM   #3
Neverhome
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18136
I suggest you call Steve at M4 Products. He is very knowledgeable and will recommend the bulbs you need. I did my entire interior and basement with M4 bulbs, as well as the porch and scare lights. The scare lights are so bright that on two different occasions my neighbors asked me to turn them off so they could enjoy their campfire. I have them on both sides of my camper and unfortunately both sides are on one switch. To accommodate them as well as future neighbors, I simply unplugged the side opposite my door. You won't go wrong using the M4 line. A bit pricey but are made of metal and not cardboard.
Neverhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:14 PM   #4
Leftie Canuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverhome View Post
I suggest you call Steve at M4 Products. He is very knowledgeable and will recommend the bulbs you need. I did my entire interior and basement with M4 bulbs, as well as the porch and scare lights. The scare lights are so bright that on two different occasions my neighbors asked me to turn them off so they could enjoy their campfire. I have them on both sides of my camper and unfortunately both sides are on one switch. To accommodate them as well as future neighbors, I simply unplugged the side opposite my door. You won't go wrong using the M4 line. A bit pricey but are made of metal and not cardboard.
Neverhome:
Did you install any strip lights under the kitchen upper cabinets ? Any wisdom to pass along in terms of types of fixtures, or did you find it best to just talk to Steve at M4 ?
Leftie Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 01:04 PM   #5
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
I just got an email from Steve at M4 about this. I was asking about replacement LEDs for porch and scare lights.

Here's what he said:

"The COB plate is a great replacement for those as long as you don’t store the RV in subzero tempertures, The plastic membrane on the face can free and be damaged. If you are in that climate, consider the ALPLATE-24-5630-CW for the smaller lights and the ALPLATE-48-5630-CW for the larger lights."

I think I'll get the two of the smaller ones for the porch and light under the nose and two of the larger ones for the DS and PS scare lights.

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote