Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2013, 05:02 AM   #1
vibetech1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13291
Black Tank Flush System Update

I just spoke with a Keystone rep this morning regarding the Montana black tank flush systems. He indicated there are no moving parts (no spinning) with their flush systems. According to him they use the "no fuss flush" in all of their black tank flush systems. Based on the results I have had I will be installing the spinning Tornado in both of my black tanks.

vibetech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Considering the number of threads related to this topic, I would suggest the the "No Fuss" be eliminated from the name.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
Just like mine, It just quit and no amount of soaking cleaned it.
soaked it for days with water, soap, cleaner pooh eater, and with flush valve off and air direct to the black tank there was nothing. So now there is No Fuss
Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
Well at least they are correct on one thing. No moving parts, that includes water too I guess....
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:29 AM   #5
hickory
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13170
Well, now I'm curious. If there are no moving parts, just how does this system work (or not work) ? Spray nozzles msybe?
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:04 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Allen in MT

Just like mine, It just quit and no amount of soaking cleaned it.
soaked it for days with water, soap, cleaner pooh eater, and with flush valve off and air direct to the black tank there was nothing. So now there is No Fuss
A wild stab here, but other models with black tank flush had an in-line anti-siphon valve that was prone to failure. It may remedy your situation. I believe in a 3400 that it is located between the shower and the pantry where the pocket door is located. Our rig actually had a cover in the pantry that shielded a rough cut hole that allowed access to the anti-siphon valve.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:49 AM   #7
vibetech1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13291
Yes. I looked at the "No Fuss Flush" on line and that's exactly how it works. No spinning parts just a stationary nozzle spraying different directions. I had CW install the tornado yesterday. It has 4.5 stars on Amazon for effectiveness so we will see.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hickory

Well, now I'm curious. If there are no moving parts, just how does this system work (or not work) ? Spray nozzles maybe?
vibetech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
Allen in MT
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7615
[/quote]
A wild stab here, but other models with black tank flush had an in-line anti-siphon valve that was prone to failure. It may remedy your situation. I believe in a 3400 that it is located between the shower and the pantry where the pocket door is located. Our rig actually had a cover in the pantry that shielded a rough cut hole that allowed access to the anti-siphon valve.
Bingo
[/quote]

Yes that is where mine is located, and the hole is covered with a cover, however the hole was way off and looked to be made with a fist, not cut. I did take the anti-siphon off and tried 60lb of air which pressured up on the down ward side of hose directly to tank and nothing and also coupled up a hose where the anit-siphon went and then hooked water to it and just pressured up, so I just make sure it is clean by dumping and filling and dumping again.
It's just when something is broken I like to get it fixed, but then the tank and toilet will work just fine without it.
Allen in MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #9
moutard2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10948
Quote:
quote: Our rig actually had a cover in the pantry that shielded a rough cut hole that allowed access to the anti-siphon valve.
Bingo
I'm not sure where I should be looking Bingo. Assuming your old rig and mine were built similar, where exactly should I look for the access hole and the valve you mention? Which pantry?
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #10
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I was referring to our old 3400 for the location of the check valve. I am not sure where it is at in the 3750FL.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
My 2006 3500RL came with the tornado and I'm sure glad I have it. No problems so far, so no complaints. I'm guessing there's an antisiphon in there somewhere, but I also use one at the inlet prior to the incoming hose and believe it can't hurt. So far, so good. But I do close off the black tank while the sprayer is on, let the black tank fill, THEN empty the contents. It can can a few of these before I'm happy with the exiting water.

From my web searches the tornado just pressure sprays in all directions of the interior in an attempt to spray the walls cleaner than not. No moving parts needed other the the water being sprayed around. I wish I had tornados in the gray tanks, but I'j just not that ambitious.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote