Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Electrical shuts down

Every morning lately our elec goes out. It only stays off for about a minute then comes back on. We have the EMS 50 portable system and when I check the error code it says "Lo Cycles". Anyone with this system know what this could be. I know what lo voltage or hi voltage is but if you are on 60Hz power how can you go lower. I checked with the CG Manager and he has no Idea and no one else is reporting anything wrong.

Maybe I need to call VIP industries and ask them???

Any suggestions?????

exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Phil, its reporting less than the 60hz. Could be the campground, or could be the ems unit false report. Not too many people would notice low cycles for a short period of time unless they also had the EMS box, or a cycle/HZ meter on the line.
If it only goes out once in the morning and then is stable, I'd probably put up with it. But if it continued I'd ask the campground to move and if it followed, would have them look into it. Just my opinion.
Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Sounds like a call to the company is the way to go. I looked at their manual and it does not have anything about "lo Cycles". Good luck and let us know what you find.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #4
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Thanks Guys, Will call the company on Monday. Doesn't happen any other time of day. I thought at first it was a brown out because everyone was powering up about the same time every morning, But LO CYCLES?????

Phil
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #5
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Phil,my paperwork shows E-7 Line Frequency High (line frequency above 69 cycles per second)
and E-8 Line Frequency Low (Line frequency below 51 cycles per second).

As you and John said, call Progressive 919-462-8280 (North Carolina), at least you will feel better talking to them.

By the way, in the manual, but don't think its on the unit, a low voltage below 76 volts displays LLL, and a high voltage above 255 volts will display HHH.

Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
A lot of electric companies do some sort of switching about once a day. We would experience that in the stick house. Lights would flicker and things would reset, etc. Never had an EMS unit on the line, so don't have anything to compare. But I have wondered about that "blip" in service. What was actually happening? Is there any relation to what you are describing?
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote