Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2008, 06:30 AM   #21
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I paid $12 for a can of Dry Lube at Holiday World S. Houston, yesterday. I'm guessing that the price will hold around $12-15 a can.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:58 PM   #22
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Last year I used the dry lube from cw and on my way home from Fl. my slides started squealing like a pig getting slaudterd.When I took it to the dealer for maintenance I told them to check it out.When I returned they said they spayed wd-40 on the gear & rack,so I've been doing the same thing for a year now.I don't see were any oil or dirt will get into the monty,slides are still quiet but this doesn't mean what I was told is correct either respect the advice I get from this forum more than anywhere.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:52 AM   #23
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
ghomer,
50A auto-rest is in the front basement on the bulkhead/wall below the hydraulic pump. The cable from the pump motor goes to it (connects). There is a red plastic cover on it. It has two wire lug connectors, and is attached to the wall by two screws. Easy replacement! Make sure to disconnect the battery before the install! By two replacements, for insurance, or to help out another Montana owner?!! Good luck.
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 03:29 PM   #24
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
I got the instructions from Lippert on how to add the 2nd 50 amp reset breaker and my slide no longer stops when coming in or out. I guess according to Dale (MINF) in some past post, Montana didn't figure the electrical right on the hyd pump for some and the 50 amp reset breaker wasn't stong enough for the demand. So installed parallel seems to do the trick or keep a spare 50 amp on hand as once they start breaking the get weak and will trip even faster.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 02:09 AM   #25
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by indy roadrunner

I got the instructions from Lippert on how to add the 2nd 50 amp reset breaker and my slide no longer stops when coming in or out. I guess according to Dale (MINF) in some past post, Montana didn't figure the electrical right on the hyd pump for some and the 50 amp reset breaker wasn't stong enough for the demand. So installed parallel seems to do the trick or keep a spare 50 amp on hand as once they start breaking the get weak and will trip even faster.
INdy Roadrunner, just so I understand clearly are suggesting to add another 50Amp reset breaker on the same line? Thanks, gojodo (John)
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:51 AM   #26
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
My Hanna is in for some warranty work. I told them about the 50 amp breaker. The reply was that some have the problem and some don't. I did. They called and got permission and are supposed to install a parallel breaker.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:52 PM   #27
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
gojo - you are correct in understanding that we added another 50 amp reset breaker. The instructions and pictures from Lippert shows just that. Seems that hyd pump pulls more power that Keystone Engineers accounted for {per Lippert}. Some people just carry spares and keep replacing them. But once they start breaking and resetting, it weakens them and before long it will take you two three and in my case sometimes 4 resets just to get the main slide out.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:25 AM   #28
Tinka N Rick
Established Member

M.O.C. #6591
Many dealers (I did it myself) will replace the thermal breaker with a larger one, 50 - 60 AMP. It is quite simple and the breakers can be picked up from any automotive stereo installation facility. My slides would stop 5 or 6 times when bringing them in. I have not had any problem since making the change.
Tinka N Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:42 AM   #29
gojodo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5540
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by indy roadrunner

gojo - you are correct in understanding that we added another 50 amp reset breaker. The instructions and pictures from Lippert shows just that. Seems that hyd pump pulls more power that Keystone Engineers accounted for {per Lippert}. Some people just carry spares and keep replacing them. But once they start breaking and resetting, it weakens them and before long it will take you two three and in my case sometimes 4 resets just to get the main slide out.
Phill, can you share the instructions on installation of the parallel 50A auto-reset breaker? I think I know what to do but prefer some expert's explanation as well. Thanks, John (Gojodo)
gojodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:08 AM   #30
levietta
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7537
While we were coming back to Maine from wintering in Florida we travelled through Ridgeland, SC. The BoatNrv Megastore is right off the exit, and a wonderful place to have a Montana serviced. We had some issues with our unit, and since she is still under warranty, we had them taken care of. While it was in their shop, we told them about our living room slide sticking. We got the rig back, and she was working perfectly again. The mechanic said that these will go out of adjustment occasionally, and need to be realigned. We were glad to have her working smoothly again.
levietta is offline   Reply With Quote