Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2017, 05:11 AM   #1
northwestchill
Established Member

M.O.C. #17731
Shower door

Would like to change the shower doors so they open from the faucet towards the shower seat on our 3610RL, has anyone tried to do this?
Thanks

northwestchill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:11 PM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hmmm, good luck to you. When we picked our floorplan, we pretty much looked at EVERYTHING including which ways the doors work for us. We did well with the floorplan for the first 10 years of ownership until...

The only thing we are no longer happy with for our floorplan is the French doors which separate the mid kitchen/dining room area from the rear living room. We originally like this floorplan because we thought anyone staying in our rig would like the perceived privacy when they slept in the sofa bed and could close off their room from the rest of the rig (the doors have drop down shades to block any views).

Since then, we have found that not being able to access the living room when the slides are in is more a detriment to DW and I than not. The French doors must be closed in order to bring in the dual slides on either side, then when the slides are in, we cannot open the French doors enough to access any part of the living room.

We are currently trying to figure out how to remove the doors and put up some other type of cover (even lighter in weight) that is more like a curtain that draws sideways to enable us to access the living room. This would still provide privacy if guests stayed in the sofa bed when the slides were back out.

In the case of shower doors I would imagine it would require purchasing a new enclosure that operates the direction you desire and there's the problem of finding the enclosure with a similar fit and finish.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:08 PM   #3
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by northwestchill

Would like to change the shower doors so they open from the faucet towards the shower seat on our 3610RL, has anyone tried to do this?
Thanks
I'm not sure I follow what your wanting to do?

Mark
Old 01-26-2017, 12:40 AM   #4
northwestchill
Established Member

M.O.C. #17731
Mark,
Currently the glass shower door opens from the right to left when entering the bathroom. I'd like to reverse that and have them open from left to right. I'm thinking this would provide a more comfortable entry and exit since the seat wouldn't be in the way.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:24 AM   #5
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Look carefully at the top and bottom of the door opening and see if it may already be designed to have the door installed on either side depending on floor plan. It may be. And if the door is symmetrical, meaning the pull handle is centered top to bottom, it may be just a matter of flipping the door over and installing on the other side.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:54 AM   #6
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
So, your shower door is hinged? Our 2016 has by-pass slider glass doors. I see your issue now. Maybe order one like ours? It doesn't leak a drop either.

Mark
Old 01-26-2017, 05:25 AM   #7
northwestchill
Established Member

M.O.C. #17731
The door is indeed a slider like what you have.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:57 AM   #8
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by northwestchill

The door is indeed a slider like what you have.
I just went out and looked. I/we enter the shower through the left side looking at the shower (control side). The only time the doors are opened right to left is when they are stowed for travel. I'm afraid they would leak like a sieve if they were installed the other way with the shower aimed at the open gaps? Am I way off track here?

Mark
Old 01-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #9
northwestchill
Established Member

M.O.C. #17731
Thanks for the assist Mark!!

Did some looking and found that yes I can open the door from both sides solving my issue. Couldn't have done it without your input.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:32 PM   #10
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
That's what we were thinking that one could just slide them open from the other end then slide them all to the left again for travel.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:32 PM   #11
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
You're welcome
Old 01-31-2017, 03:51 PM   #12
kenneth e holman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #18819
Mine slides from right to left which is what you were wanting to do. I can't believe mine was correct. As thin as the glass is on these showers i can't believe mine hasn't shattered yet.If it ever does then i will probably go to a shower curtain as that is what i have at home and it works really well.
kenneth e holman is offline   Reply With Quote