Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
City Water Connection - turns internally???

Had a very strange occurrence today on our 2006 Montana 3400RL. Water pressure dropped to the point that the shower wouldn't work and everything else had lower pressure than usual. Started trouble shooting by first removing the external in line water filter. No change. The tried to remove the water pressure regulator from the city water connection input on the RV and was having difficulty getting the knurled knob at the RV side to loosen the connection to the water pressure regulator. Noticed that I was turning the whole city water connection input mechanism rather than just the knurled knob. Couldn't get it loose with the tools I had handy at the moment but happened to check the water pressure in the RV again and now there was none. None at all. The only thing I could come up with for a cause was that I had twisted the internal piping and had closed it off. So I turned the City water connection mechanism counterclockwise back to what I thought might be its original position and "WALA" I had good pressure inside the RV including the shower. So my assumption was correct, I was twisting the internal hose inside the RV. That left me with two questions? 1.) why did it all of a sudden begin twisting the internal hose enough to block flow? I haven't messed with the water connections since the 8th of November??? 2.) Is the internal mechanism of the City Water connection supposed to be able to be turned at all or has it been damaged somewhere along the line and I'm just now seeing problems associated with it being able to rotate? Hopefully someone can enlighten me. Meanwhile I'm going to go to a RV Parts store to see if I can find one of these new city water connection mechanism and see what a new one is like. My gut tells me it shouldn't turn internally like mine has begun to do. Or am I imagining all this?

Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #2
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
there must be a lock nut or pin that has has come loose. Can you remove the assembly that holds the city and potable water fills? I would not think it is anything serious, just a pain.
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Boy it has been awhile since I removed my fill compartment. I had to remove it to replace the O-ring on the check valve behind the city hook up bib. If memory serves me correct racerjoe is spot on. There was a locking nut on the backside of the hose bib. Not a bad job. Cut the caulk, remove a few screws, pull entire assembly out to get to the back. Jim
Old 11-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #4
Desert RVer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9307
I didn't remover the cover to be able to see all the connections behind the convenience panel because I had been able to get things working properly. But I will eventually have to do so to see what is going on.
Desert RVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
It's not hard, just a few screws and crawling in there. The crawling in is the hardest part for us fat guys.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote