Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #21
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

... What does that fine print say?...
The ones I bought at Wally said don't exceed 40 PSI. And sure enough, when I did (Kerville City Park - pressure regulator set to 60 PSI) I burned through three of them in three days. I now exclusively use CW's (and I am not a big fan of CW) lifetime guaranteed hoses. I keep the original package and receipt in a ziploc stored in my hose box so I will be prepared when it fails. Five years now and it is still ticking with no leaks. If it does fail, I will get another one in a heartbeat.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #22
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carl, I'll take note of the notice about psi before buying any more. I've not noticed that so far and had no problems. Maybe this 40 psi thing on the hose is something new. I'll keep eyes open for it. Thanks for the heads up.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #23
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Steve I get my four foot and ten footers at CW, Wally World and any hardware store that carry RV hoses and have had no problems so far. I roll the 4 footers into about 1 foot across coil and the 10 footers into about a foot to foot and a half coil and secure them with two bungyball cords then put them in a tub in the basement and pull out what I need when we go to hook up to city water. I guess I've never noticed the 40 PSI notice on the hose info cardboard either. Guess I'll look next time I'm in the stores.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #24
mobil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10437
We use the white rv hose. Don't remember if it's from Wally's or CW. Didn't know about the 40psi thing but we've not had any trouble,,, yet. We use a short section to connect from the "hydrant" to the whole house filter( hopefully to get max flow) with a regulator on the filter outlet, then a 15' section to the trailer inlet. We have a Culligan under sink filter for drinking, cooking, coffee water. It has it's own small faucet.
mobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I have one hose coming from the Montana, then the regulator, then a short hose, then the filter, then the long hose run to the park's bib. So everything from the regulator to the bib is exposed to full pressure. No problems yet but I'll sure keep an eye on it. I route the water through the filter before it hits the regulator because I want to protect the not cheap adjustable regulator from getting clogged up with minerals, as best I can.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #26
ranch560
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12491
I changed to the blue hoses made by Camco. I did it mostly for their SS machined ends. They are a thicker hose than most hoses, but that is not so good in cold weather. I have cursed them when it's 50 degrees or colder. Even though they are kink free, they are a bear to roll up. Now that it's warm again, they are fine. I bought mine at Amazon for about $20.
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I have seen a few of the blue hoses and wondered about them. Thanks for the info.

Sounds like a round laundry basket for rolling up those hoses in cold weather might work like it does for the 50amp cord in cold weather. The issue for us would be where to put that laundry basket. At the moment I store all water hoses in the propane lockers.