Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2008, 07:06 AM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Keystone Customer Service Contact(s)

Over the past year, I've read several success stories regarding Montana owners getting warranty and out-of-warranty work done on their 5th-wheelers (the recent postings about peeling graphics comes to mind). I know that many of you have had success getting work done at little or no charge by keeping a level head, documenting your problem(s), and reaching a customer service rep who was willing to help you resolve your issues. Now I'm looking for a name or names to contact before jumping blindly into an issue with my Montana.

Two of our slide-out awnings began fraying/ripping and developing pin-prick size holes in them less than 3 months after we took delivery of the unit. We called our dealer immediately after noticing the beginning of the damage and were told that yes, Keystone should replace those awnings. Our dealer called today and said that even with documentation from the dealership, including photos, Keystone has decided we "hit a tree" or something and is declining to replace the damaged awnings. We haven't camped near a tree ever (all you need to do is look at any of the Clark Canyon campgrounds--no trees at all except in 2 sites that aren't big enough for anything longer than one of those "teardrop" trailers).

The dealer asked me to contact Keystone and see if I could get anywhere with that repair. The service rep said that frequently, Keystone would do things for an individual that it would not do if a service department asked for the adjustment/repair. I know my dealer has made 3 attempts to get Keystone to replace the awnings, sending detailed photos of the damage with the dates that it first appeared and other things to show the randomness of the damage. I don't mind calling Keystone myself, but I don't want to jump in blind.

I do know the importance of being level-headed, calm, and polite when requesting something from a manufacturer. I had the test of a lifetime with that when filing a Lemon Law complaint with the Ford Motor Company--and winning--several years ago. So, if there's a Keystone contact you could recommend to me, I'd appreciate that information. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Carolyn

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote