Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
lsproul
Established Member

M.O.C. #5345
shower water pressure

Hello everybody;

I was just curious if there was a solution for low water pressure in the shower. When I am hooked up to an outside water supply I have good pressure in the bathroom sink, but not in the shower. I have not tried with onboard water supply. I have heard you can improve your pump, but that would not help when hooked up to water supply.

Has anybody come up with a cure for this.

Lsproul
2005 Mountaineer RKS
03 Chev Duramax
Reese 16k Slider

lsproul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Between the showerhead and the hose is water saver device. I removed ours several years ago and it really seemed to help. Not too hard to remove or replace if you do not like it.
Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have not really had any trouble with water pressure, but will look into taking that device off. Learn something new every day.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
lsproul
Established Member

M.O.C. #5345
Thanks, I tried that and it seemed to help, haven't taken it out yet tho.

Larry S
lsproul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:16 AM   #5
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Replying to an old post, but I have the shower pressure problem. The orfice in the shower faucet looks to be made into the unit. Anyone tried drilling the orfice out?
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:16 AM   #6
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
I had to remove the hose from the shower head and above fixture, for some reason there was a blockage, must have been from a previous CG connection or SOMETHING. Don't know but after I blew out hose, the problem went away. You can also remove the water restrictor as Dennis said, when doing this REMEMBER the water sometimes flow's faster than it is heated. Results is a REALLY COLD SHOWER surprise if you like those LONG SHOWERS. Let your DW take her shower first, If she runs out of HOT WATER, while in the shower. THE TRIP IS RUINED..... Safe Travels John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:34 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
We removed the restrictor not only in the shower but in the aerators in all the faucets as well. Water flow is significant better BUT water flow also depends on flow coming into the trailer. If the city/campground water pressure is low so is your water pressure.

John, Just be sure to heat the water with gas and give it plenty of time to recover. Lorraine and I both shower in the morning with me being first. She will wait until I am completely finished with drying, shaving, brushing, etc before she gets in the shower. With this system of giving the heater time to recover we both have plenty of hot water. We still have the old 6 gallon heater but our new Monty will have a 10 gallon and I have no idea what I will be using the extra hot water for.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:12 AM   #8
RailroadMike
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5807
Camp World sells a showerhead called the Body Spa...My wife and I really like the the way it performs...alot easier to get the soap off...Mike and Mary
RailroadMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:07 AM   #9
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
I always wondered why the water pressure in the shower was so low. I'll have to look for the restrictor next time out. Do you just unscrew the head from the hose and find the restrictor?
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
I often wondered, is the water restricted because so many people boondock and or have situations where they run the water from the fresh water system, which is of course limited. If the water runs out of those faucets too fast, it is not long before you are out of water. Just wondered???
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:46 AM   #11
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Keep in mind the higher the preasure the faster you run out of hot water.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:56 AM   #12
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Okay, I undid the shower hose and took the DeWalt to it. I did away with the anti-siphon. Didn't really intend too, but after drilling it out a bit, when I cracked water valve open the diaphram came out. Didn't need that thing anyway. I opened the orfice up a bit. We're running on the pump right now, so I will wait until I hook back to city water and check it before I attack it again.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #13
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Filling the gray tank faster also.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 06:16 AM   #14
Gpa_Dick
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5960
It is nice having the extra pressure when you want it. If the restricter is out and you are boondocking, I would just have it turned down quite a bit.

I don't have my restrictor out as it doesn't pose me any problem. I will look at the kitchen faucet though as I like to fill the sink up more quickly. I didn't realize there was a restrictor in these faucets.

Like CountryGuy says, you learn something new every day.

-Dick
Gpa_Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #15
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
I had the same problem when I picked up Rosie. Called the dealer and he told me to not use the inline water regulator. Took it off and have a great shower and so far no problems.
I had thoughts of adding a household pressure regulator. They regulate pressure not flow. Mount it permanently tucked away.
trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:50 PM   #16
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
If you ruin your backflow device, Camping World has them. Don't ask me how I know this!
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #17
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scattershot

If you ruin your backflow device, Camping World has them. Don't ask me how I know this!
I really see no need for the anti-siphon on the shower. If it had a tub, where the shower head could be dropped and perhaps siphon back to the fresh water tank perhaps it would make sense. I could care less if the water in the hose to the head runs back into the system. BTW, I hooked back up to the city water today and had a great, good hot shower. So much more water than before.