Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
Ronnelly
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #794
Hughes Sattelite 4 gen Internet

Wondering if anyone has reviews on this Hughes Gen4 sattelite Internet?

Ronnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:24 AM   #2
al-an
Established Member

M.O.C. #9719
We use it at home, is the only internet we can get where we are.
We have been happy with it.
al-an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:36 AM   #3
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
I used Hughes for 2 winters in FL - my only complaint is the satellite latency - I was connecting to my office thru a VPN to do desk work and was seeing about a 980 msec latency, which meant a key stroke and wait a sec for response, not fast enough for me
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:49 AM   #4
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
This may be a personal opinion, but it this is related to Hughes.net I would not touch it. We had hughes.net internet in the stick house. After a couple of years it quit working. In a three week period I spent over 13 hours on the phone with tech support. Each time I called they told me it was fixed and would take about 24 hours for the changes to take effect. They never did. I finally told them to cancel the service, they refused. They kept billing me even though I told them that their service did not work and I did not want the service. I wrote them a letter explaining my position. A year later they turned me over to a collection agency. I sent my original letter with a further explanation to them. I never heard anything more from that collection agency. Two years later I received another attempt to collect from a different collection agency. I sent them the original letter along with my explanation from the first collection agency. I've heard nothing further from the second collection agency. It is now close to two years after the last attempt to collect. I would not be surprised if I receive a third attempt to collect in the near future. We will never do any business with Hughes.net.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:05 AM   #5
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
I have had dishnet satellite internet for almost seven months and have been happy with the speed and conductivity of it. Haven't used up the allotment in a months time yet. We now use the Parks WiFi for live streaming and Dishnet for banking and secure stuff. So far So good. They meaning Dish will move it once a year for free. The pole needs to be cemented in the ground. Some times hard to find enough room for it. Otherwise its all good.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote