Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
57106jmparker

M.O.C. #13886
Electrical in Office slide and fireplace

Woke up turned on fireplace, everything worked, later in the day the power went out and we can not find the reason. We have checked the breakers, pulled the fireplace and can not figure out what happened. Any ideas????? I even switched the wires to an unused breaker (dryer) and still nothing.

We are wintering at Amazon in Fernley Nevada and rather than unhook the hose we are using out of our Fresh Tank, other than that, nothing has changed.

Our unit is a 2011 3400 RL, four slides, never have had ANY problems, other than this.

Thanks John

57106jmparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Check to see if you have a GFCI outlet tripped somewhere. Those outlets may be wired from a GFCI outlet.
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
If it's in a slide, look for a bad connection in a junction box under the slide.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
I think the fireplace is on it's own circuit, there are two other outlets in the slideout, one for the TV and stereo and one at the desk. If it is only the fireplace that has no power I would suspect it is the internal fuse in the fireplace that has blown.

Is it a dimplex fireplace?
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:40 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
You might check the top of the fireplace for the burned wire connection many of us have had, is it just to the fireplace where the power is out?
Good luck with it and let us know.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
57106jmparker

M.O.C. #13886
No GFI or jucntion box under the slide, the cable comes out the right bottom coner and back through the wire runs to the under skin of the main unit. The unit has two 2 plug outlets at the TV and DVD player and one in the bottom behind the fireplace, I have the fireplace plugged into an extension cord and it works fine. Looks at if I may have to wait until we get back to AZ and then follow the cable back under the skin, there has to be a junction box. I think you are right, must be a loose wire in the junction box, maybe the weight of th water in the tank loosened it up or ???????? who knows, one of those mysteries. Thanks to all for your help, I will let you know how it turns out.
57106jmparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #7
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
My 3402RL has no junction box under that slide either, on mine all the cables enter the slide at the rear outside corner of the slide floor and follow along the back of the desk, there is a removable panel/kickplate there that hides those wires.

Since the fireplace itself is ok, then my next suspicion would be one of the connections in the outlet itself, there have been problems with the push in style connections in some of the boxes. Could also be a bad breaker but unlikely.

This outlet should be on it's own circuit, can't see why a junction box would even be involved.

Some random thoughts that might help.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote