Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
AC unit

Question, I turn my air on and it runs and runs and runs. As of right now it should be turning off as in no compressor or fan. OR, does the fan run all the time and the compressor turns on and off? If the compressor is turning on and off it's very very quiet. Duo Therm Quick Cool

Please help, Swanny

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
2 Sinks
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6341

Hello Swanny,

Is it your main a/c or the bedroom a/c ? Our bedroom a/c fan runs constantly and the compressor cycles on and off.Our main a/c will run till the thermostat turns it off after temp is met,the complete unit shuts off and comes back on when the temp rises.If it's your main a/c be sure the auto fan switch isn't switched to fan,that will keep it running
2 Sinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
well 2 sinks were do i send the check? That was the issue. Well I guess the issue is I have every piece of paper that came with our Monty except the AC book. I have the warranty with me but not the book???????? Our forum is awesome!!!!!!!

Thank you
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
2 Sinks
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6341
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by swanny

well 2 sinks were do i send the check? That was the issue. Well I guess the issue is I have every piece of paper that came with our Monty except the AC book. I have the warranty with me but not the book???????? Our forum is awesome!!!!!!!

Thank you
Swanny - You're very welcome...No charge,absolutely free,glad I could help you. "We guarantee fast service no matter how long it takes"

Agreed,this forum is awesome!!!
2 Sinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
I leave my main AC fan running all the time the AC is on and the compressor will cycle on and off as needed. You should run the fan on high as it will keep the unit from freezing over. By the fan running all the time when the air is on it circulates the air also. I also do this in the stick house. This is what I do and I realize other people will do what they want.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
Devildog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4958
on your thermostat, you will have buttons for mode, fan, up, down and zone. If your fan is continuously running and you want it to go to automatic, press the fan button a couple of times. you will see it cycle through low, medium, high and then auto.

I think that is the question you were asking. If you have your fan in the high mode, the fan will run continuously even though the air conditioning compressor is cutting on and off outside of the unit.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote