Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Drooping Slide

I am sure I saw this topic before,but can't locate it.
Our Main slide on our 3400 seems to be drooping and I don't have time to get it to the dealers,besides I want to stay away from that place if I can.
Is there some kind of adjustment I myself can make to bring it up about an inch or so?
Jack

jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:41 AM   #2
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
By "drooping" do you mean that it's actually out at the top but tight at the bottom or vice versa? Our large slide at one time would come out about four (4) inches while traveling down the road. But that was due to a bad check valve in the hydraulic pump. I can't tell you what I think the problem is but I'm sure there is someone on the forum who can.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by ols1932

By "drooping" do you mean that it's actually out at the top but tight at the bottom or vice versa? Our large slide at one time would come out about four (4) inches while traveling down the road. But that was due to a bad check valve in the hydraulic pump. I can't tell you what I think the problem is but I'm sure there is someone on the forum who can.

Orv
I don't know if it's my imagination,but it seems like its at a slight incline when extended.
It's hard for me to measure due to the downgrade of our driveway.
I don't know if it's possible for the slide to eventually sag a little. We've had our 3400 for a year and half and I've never noticed this before.
Jack
Old 04-30-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
blamb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8858
I'd also be interested in knowing how to tell if a slide is drooping, and what to do. I've recently noticed the recliner slide in my 3665RE seems to be at an incline towards the ground as well, but I can't tell if it's just in my head or not, it feels that way when I am in it. Maybe my computer desk and my big behind has been too much for it!
blamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
I had a drooping bedroom slide a couple pages back. Mine was major. Yours might be as simple as being low on hydraulic fluid. With the slides all the way in check the hydraulic fluid reservoir mounted to the slide pump. It should be a inch or so from the top of the container. Low fluid will keep the slides from extending all the way making one or more droop. Use regular ATF from auto parts store. Adjusting the slide is a tough chore best done by a pro. By the way you really are not supposed to open slides unless the camper is level.
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Thanks kmh3212,I'll be checking the reservoir tomorrow.
Jack