Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2006, 08:24 AM   #1
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Replace the Remote H/VAC Controls

Well Gang I am finally getting rid of that silly remote control heat and A/C that Dometic chose to use in some of our Montys. I sent an email of complaint and Dometic has shipped me a new Comfort Control Center like they have done for many of you in the past. I am going to follow the step by step instructions that one of kind people put on the forum last year. I will let you know how it works. We are very excited. Happy RVing!

Native Tex

O.V. & Kathy Bonner
Miss Ko-Ko (Chocolate Lab)
Huntsville, Al
'05, 3400RL
'05 F250 Ford King Ranch, CC, FX4/4x4, 6.0L PSD

"Freedom Isn't Free....Support Our Troops

Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
I sent a email to Dometic but got no response. I told them to read the long thread about that stupid control. They were suppose to get in touch with Gardner's RV here in Kalispell but never did. I am really mad at Dometic because they promised me. Then never went through with it. Native Tex, what did your letter say? Maybe it was the way you worded the letter that got you your new unit...Thanks Kathi

Paul & Kathi Landau
Lola, Beulah & Hamel (BLk/Tan Coonhounds)
Max (Doxie) all rescues
Kalispell Montana

02' Dodge 3500 Cummins Diesel, Dually Longbed,
Banks Exhaust Sys.,
5"exhaust, Prodigy Brake Controller, Reese 22K Hitch, Magellan Roadmate 700 GPS.

05' 3400RL

Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #3
89dually

M.O.C. #4960
I too want to convert the silly, complicated remote to the just plain, old fashioned manual control. I am even willing to spend my own nickels. Just have not got around to ordering the parts yet.

The problem is, I misplaced the part numbers that I will need for the conversion. I'll "get r done" some day.

'06 2955rl

89dually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #4
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
Well I did the switch over today from that silly remote control to the one that Dometic sent me. They sent me the Comfort Control Center and the change over was not complicated. I followed the directions from the Montana form and it went very well.

BREAK.........

kathi you asked what I told them in order to get them to respond? I basically just told them that this was my second Montana unit and something about loyal customers being hard to find and that I would just as soon buy from someone else the next time. At any rate, Dometic did not argue. They said they would have to exchange the CCC for my controls and that they would have to send to a dealer as they could not send direct to me. I contacted my dealer, he contacted dometic and five days later the new controls were at my dealer. I removed the control box off the wall and the electronic package in the ceiling and took to my dealer. Pretty easy. I will see if I can find the part and serial number for you, however, they will need the serial number and model number off your unit.

Native Tex

O.V. & Kathy Bonner
Huntsville, Al
'05, 3400RL
'05 F250 Ford King Ranch, CC, FX4/4x4, 6.0L PSD

"Freedom Isn't Free....Support Our Troops
Native Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 08:02 AM   #5
kegger5769
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4412
I too want to get the CCC unit in place of the remote, tested it this weekend, with the a/c set at 78 the unit cycled on and took the Monty down to 67 before it shut off and then waited till it was 82 before it came back on..... this is a little excessive temp swing in my book.
Can you please provide the e-mail address to Domatic and where I would find the model and serial number they need. I have the Monty scheduled in for some work next month and love to get a CCC put in then.
Thanks,
Kim
kegger5769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 AM   #6
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Best thing you could do is throw away the remaote unit they are jsut no good.

Broome101
2005 F350 PSD,SRW,CC,LB, King Ranch, 4x4
2005 3685FL
http://www.picturetrail.com/broome101
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #7
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
We put one of the CCC in ours and it really works great! Those remotes were junk!!!

Dave & Emily with Martha the dog.
05',F-250SD,4WD,CC,PSD, King Ranch, Banks exhaust, Airaid air filter & Firestone Air Bags.
2005 Montana 2980 RL
DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #8
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kegger5769

I too want to get the CCC unit in place of the remote, tested it this weekend, with the a/c set at 78 the unit cycled on and took the Monty down to 67 before it shut off and then waited till it was 82 before it came back on..... this is a little excessive temp swing in my book.
Can you please provide the e-mail address to Domatic and where I would find the model and serial number they need. I have the Monty scheduled in for some work next month and love to get a CCC put in then.
Thanks,
Kim
This is a copy of the response I got from Dometic:

If you can have the service center call us with your information, the model and serial number of your a/c, your name and date of purchase, the VIN # of the vehicle and we will supply the parts, you will be responsible for the labor. Thanks,

Customer Support Center
Dometic Corporation

To ensure an accurate response, respond by 'Reply'-ing to "customersupportcenter@dometicusa.com". The e-mail address that this reply came from does not accept incoming e-mail. Also, please add prior correspondence to all future emails.

Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:51 PM   #9
Native Tex
Montana Master

M.O.C. #375
[b] I have went back and found the forum string from 'mazeeff' in the March 2005 time frame. This string gave a photo by photo description of how to make the change along with a description of the CCC model and serial numbers. The following is the email traffic that I was asked to provide. It actually starts at the bottom and ends at the top. They did agree in a follow on message to send the necessary components to my service center, if the service center did the ordering, and I returned the remote and associated compoents.

Sirs - I still would like to replace or upgrade the existing remote control on my 2005 Keystone Montana 5th Wheel. I have provided the model number and serial numbers that I think are the unit itself and not a component attached to the unit (model # 991760308 ; serial # 43535269). A companion of ours has already completed this same process with a Climate Control Center he received directly from you (model 3109228.001 ; serial # E5027980). Please confirm if this same will fit the unit I have on my rig and provide what this will costs me. I want to do this myself because it is not convenience for me to get to a dealer. I am very dissatisfied with the operation of the current thermostat and sincerely hope that all the folks we know that has this same issue has likewise notified you.

Regards,
O.V. Bonner
256-679-7516
----- Original Message -----
To: bonner2531@bellsouth.net
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 9:44 AM
Subject: Re: From contacts:remote control A/C Unit

O.V.

We really did not have enough information such as numbers, etc., to determine exactly which air and system you have. We might also ask what a dealer has found when checking the system? There are some things a dealer can do to adjust the operation of these units. They are welcome to call our Tech department for information if needed.

There is a Comfort Control System that would work with most units. The board and the wall stat will both need to be replaced. A dealer would also have this information.

Thanks

Customer Support Center
Dometic Corporation

To ensure an accurate response, respond by 'Reply'-ing to "customersupportcenter@dometicusa.com". The e-mail address that this reply came from does not accept incoming e-mail. Also, please add prior correspondence to all future emails.

12/28/2005 05:51 PM

To
cc
Subject From contacts:remote control A/C Unit

Sirs - I have a Montana 5th Wheel RV 2005 model which I purchased new. I can equiped with one of your remote control air conditioning units. I am very dissatisfied with its operation or I should say consistancy of operations. The remote and the line of site is always a problem, as well as the consistancy of hold a temperature setting. I am wondering if you can please suggest a replacement control center; possibly something in a digital. Please respond and can provide more information if required.

Thanks
O.V. Bonner, Jr,
Huntsville, Al
256-679-7516

Your e-mail: bonner2531@bellsouth.net
Your telephone: 256-679-7516
Country/Region: USA
###########################################

Native Tex

O.V. & Kathy Bonner
Huntsville, Al