Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2006, 04:02 AM   #1
Doug and Anita
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3321
Sewer leak in basement

How do you repair a small sewer leak in a joint in the pipe in basement? It only leaks a few drops a day but is annoying. It is a 2006 Model 2395. We have only begun fulltiming about 3 months ago and the problem has just started.

Doug and Anita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 05:15 AM   #2
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Since you are still under warranty, take it to your dealer if you are near them, otherwise call Keystone and see if you can take it another Keystone dealer (does not have to be a Montana dealer). If you really must do it yourself, I would first get it really dry, then try sealing it up with epoxy glue, Plumber's Goop, Eterna bond, or some other hi-tech adhesive.

Whatever you do, we wish you well, it sounds like an annoying problem.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Since it is new like John said let the dealer do the fit.I had a small leak their as well.Forgot all about the flush king running and the water built up and spit out that seal.I wasn`t under warrenty.What i used to seal the leak is stuff called "rescue Tape"Its made of a rubber material that bonds to itself when applied.Wraped it around the joint a few times keeping it nice and tight-no more leaks.This stuff is truly amazing.It will seal up a water leak in a hose.or a hydraulic leak in a hose as well.Even a air hose.In a pinch you can even use it as a temporary fan belt.Its that strong.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:22 AM   #4
carlson
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3268
IF you have a small leak take care of it under warrenty.
The last couple of day we have smelled what we thought was a dead mouse.
Well, I knew I had a small leak under the belly when that black tank was 1/2 full.
I started to take the underbelly down and the flood started.
I drained 12 gallons of liquid from the under belly.
What a job, when you are in just stay in it.
Then I found the that the black tank at the fitting was leaking.
Since we do not have a sewer drain at camp, I got a trash can and dumped the black tank liquid out of the tank.
I have a crack at the middle to upper part of the tank outlet.
Called Keystone Customer service as I am out of warrenty and was told to take it to the dealer.
I asked about warrenty covering it and was told, THAT THEY MAKE THE DETERMINATION IF IT IS UNDER WARRENTY WITH INPUT FROM THE DEALER, THEN SHE HUNG UP THE PHONE LINE.
So my situation, break-down from camp, haul to the dealer, maybe covered under warrenty, and how long to repair.
Or clean up the area and I have a kit that welds plastic, and do it myself
Oh by the way this project started after supper last night and finished at 10 pm, , 2 gallons of bleach mixed with water to spread over the dirt under the unit and then I went into the lake and washed with Pine Sol.
Last point, does anyone have a direct number to someone at Customer Service that can help me.
carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:44 AM   #5
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
What a crappy job. I can't help with a customer service contact. Sorry to hear of your problem. I've been in knee deep stuff when replacing the leaching field and new septic tank at my mom's house. I can feel your pain. I guess you just can't plan for every contigency while on the road. If we had more storage space I'm sure I could fill it with parts for lessons learned here.

Thanks for sharing a difficult issue.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Were do you get "Rescue Tape"? Sounds like a good thing to have lying around just in case.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:39 AM   #7
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mobilrvn

Were do you get "Rescue Tape"? Sounds like a good thing to have lying around just in case.
I bought it on line at www.rescuetape.com
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:13 PM   #8
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
Thanks for the info--have some on order. Think we have the same problem as Carlson had---too hot to worry about for now (besides I have to wait to get the tape), just have to dump every three days!
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 04:50 AM   #9
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I had a similar problem last January. I repaired it with the epoxy type materials that will stick to wet surfaces. Drain as much out as you can, rough up the surface that needs repaired with a wire brushn (I used a wire wheel on a dremel tool)and apply the epoxy materials. Mine has not leaked since. I did contact Keystone first and they replied that it is out of warranty and they were sorry that I had a problem.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote