Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2017, 06:51 PM   #1
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Poor followup service

We were at the FMCA Rally in Candler, AZ and purchased a new Weingard Rayzor antenna for our Monte. After installation it was found to be faulty. The owner of RV Connection said he would send us a new one because we were leaving the area and they were out of units. Two weeks went by and called to find out what the hold up was?? They told me they sent all the information to Weingard and I was to deal with them and have to use my credit card as security while the replacement happened. I said WHAT, why do I have to deal with Weingard now? Another week has gone by and nothing from Weingard. Going to call them tomorrow and hear what they have to say. As far as followup service after purchase, REALLY UNHAPPY with RV Connection. They have two stores, one in Apache Junction and the owners location in Yuma, AZ. Also, watch your quotes and billing, mine didn't match after installation.

Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Thanks for the headsup on this business.
jcurtis934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:25 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That is fairly common when purchasing from a vendor at a rally
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:01 PM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Thanks for the heads up!
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:35 PM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Good info to know
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:13 AM   #6
Eagleback
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15731
I will usually look around at shows and then order from amazon or any online store with a return policy that is customer favorable. So any problems you can send it back. If its an install i go to my local rv dealer. Yes you will probably pay more but you also will have less to worry about. Shows are more about selling and not much on servicing. Sorry to hear about you issue and hope you can get it resolved.
Eagleback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:03 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We purchase through a dealer or get the part when we are at the fall rally. Except for the most minor all our repair and service is done by a dealer or extended warranty. We do have the advantage of being close enough to the fall rally to go every year were there are plenty of qualified repair facilities in the area. since 2006 and two Montana we have had plenty of opportunities to use the Factory warranty, vendors warranty and extended warranty. We have not had a problem except for wait time and that has not been to bad. Failed holding tanks have been our major failure's in both of our Montana's . We also had frame flex in the 2006 and side wall movement in both Montana's. Like others here we use these Montana's hard.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:06 PM   #8
Wheelhouse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11462
Well, here is the update on the weingard Rayzor. I called Weingard and spoke to them about my situation. First they were sympathetic about my experience. Second, the dealer had sent my information to a wrong email address??? Third, never heard from the dealer after Weingard called them to get clarifications??? Weingard is sending me a new replacement and no ransom is needed for the exchange. They will pay freight both ways. Also, Weingard will pay for 1/2 hour warranty work for a shop to remover/replace after its arrival.
The only reason I went along with keeping what was installed, was so I wouldn't have q patch on the roof while waiting to purchase somewhere else and maybe having a leak.
Really disappointed with RV Connection, Yuma, AZ, "Buyer Be ware".
Quoted $299 plus $100 install, after install invoice showed $399 plus $110 install, I missed the $110 GRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I even worked with the $100 difference and still got bad follow up service. Seemed like nice people to work with.
Wheelhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:50 AM   #9
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There should be a lesson learned here.