Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2004, 06:57 PM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Camp Nebraska, Tampa, FL

After hearing about it and than reading the Florida ARVC website on Camp Nebraska in Tampa I just had to take a ride and find this "Historical Camp Nebraska retrofitted with modern conveniences to accommodate big rigs." You can read the rest at this link...
http://www.flausa.com/destinations/m...ingFormat=camp

Sounds tempting doesn't it. Historical? Probably is historical. Looks old enough for George Washington to have slept there. Now if this DUMP is an example of a retrofitted with modern conveniences to accommodate big rigs campground is than I don't know camping. The park is small and so are the sites and I have no idea how they come up with 86 sites. My 32 footer would just barely fit with little space to park the TV. A lot of the sites have broken down old Travel Trailers and 5th Wheels and people are still living in them. There was one half decent looking Class A but it had to be 10 or 12 years old and that was possibly the newest rig in the park. There was a laundry but I wouldn't wash my cleaning rags in it. I didn't even want to see what the Restrooms and Showers looked like.
I won't even mention the neighborhood.

On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the highest) I rate it a MINUS 5.
If there ever was a case for false advertising Camp Nebraska is it.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote