Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2018 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 01:06 PM   #1
dbextel

M.O.C. #21680
Rally

Hello we are in site 266 at rally unfortunately or employer decided that we have to work during rally, so if it seems that we are anti social please excuse us. I decided to come to rally anyway that way we will have some time to enjoy it. Any help you can give us will be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Sure. Call on us for whatever we can do for you. We'll be in 399.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:18 AM   #3
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
David -
We are glad you are still able to come. I assume you will have off in the evenings, so you will be able to attend meals. I also assume you will be around and available on the weekend, so you should be able to attend some activities. Having attended Rally for many years while working, I am very familiar with strategies to make the most of it. When you come for registration, let’s see what we can do to help. Safe travels.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:25 AM   #4
dbextel

M.O.C. #21680
We came in and looked at provided site and there many horses tied to a horse trailer at site with much horse manure and mud in site. This is unexceptable. We will not be attending. I love my Montana too much to park in manure.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:21 AM   #5
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbextel View Post
We came in and looked at provided site and there many horses tied to a horse trailer at site with much horse manure and mud in site. This is unexceptable. We will not be attending. I love my Montana too much to park in manure.
Someone is using the site as a corral?

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:36 AM   #6
dbextel

M.O.C. #21680
yes there was a competition on Sat those site were filled with horse trailers and horses. To be fair I was told that it is all clear now but it was full of **** on Sat.
Old 09-16-2018, 06:49 AM   #7
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
First, no one is using it as a corral. 2nd, it is a working “Fairground”, and yes they do have animals here. Our Rally does not start until Wednesday. The Fairgrounds staff will have the area cleaned by the time our Rally starts. I personally walked down and that site was actually in pretty good shape. The sites across the road, which are very similar, are currently occupied by Discovery Motorcoaches. They are grass, but the Fairgrounds has always done a nice job of keeping them nice. In 12 years of Rallies here at the Fairgrounds, this is the first complaint I remember. (This is the 13th year, the first two were in Bremen.) I did send you an email, David.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:58 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Same here first complaint in 13 years of rallies at the fairgrounds
Old 09-16-2018, 09:32 AM   #9
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Never a problem in my year as wagon master or since, to my knowledge.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #10
Albedyllrw
Established Member

M.O.C. #20556
Send a message via AIM to Albedyllrw Send a message via MSN to Albedyllrw Send a message via Yahoo to Albedyllrw
Grounds

We are sitting our site now. It is clean and no problems. We are in the area by the stables. We have traveled all over the United States for a few years and there is nothing wrong with these sites. Clean, some shaded and good size. Much better than some. I guess if you didn't come you missed out on a good time. But that's okay, we'll take up the slack for you. Have a great day and I am totally happy I came.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:00 PM   #11
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Wow, I feel like a total bonehead. We were going to travel back East in June from our home in Lake Tahoe, so I did not even consider the MOC Rally, and then our daughter in law was going to graduate from nursing school, so we changed our plans. Then I forgot to even consider the MOC rally, and here we are heading back east, and we are in Cheyenne, WY and in Grand Island, Nebraska tomorrow, and then Goshen, Indiana on Saturday the 22nd staying at the Shipshewana campground South Park Saturday , Sunday, and Monday night before we venture on back east? We do not expect "any" favors, but now that I see we are in Goshen in the middle of the Rally, can we check any part of it out? I just wanted to go to the factory, or any dealership nearby, and check out the new Montana we are looking to buy after this trip. We have a 2017 3820FK, and are looking at getting a new 3931FB. Should we just stick with going to the factory, or is there something for us to come see that is part of the rally? Thanks
Old 09-19-2018, 07:30 AM   #12
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
As far as I can determine there is no Poop on any site except there was some on mine when a neighbors dog took a crap, but his owner cleaned it up so what's good for the horses is good for the dog I guess.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #13
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We can not count the fairgrounds we have camped in during rallies over the years with one of the several groups we belong to. They are fairgrounds there are animals at fairgrounds. Fairgrounds are also large enough to accommodate RV rallies which is why you find RV rallies at fairgrounds. Elkhart County Fairgrounds is among the best we have been to.

We have been to fairgrounds when a "show was in progress. You have not lived till your RV site is near the swine barn when the show is in progress. Nothing like that ever here at Goshen.
Closed Thread