Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2005, 07:59 PM   #1
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Great News for GM Buyers

GM announced today that they are going to extend their employee pricing to all 2006 "fullsize" trucks!!! Nothing like the new Duramax and 6-speed Allison for a better deal. Sure puts the itch back into my brain on trading in for the latest and greatest truck.

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:11 PM   #2
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Don't it though. I am waiting to see if Ford follows suit. I do like the new numbers from the Duramax though.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Fordzilla, Ford announced it first on all models except SD Harley Edition, So go look at he new King Ranchers at get the itch. They are worth it difference in day and night in improvements in 05 and going forward. Ford says through 9-6-2005 but they also said same thing month ago who knows how long.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
Really I am afraid to get to close to a new KR. I drove a '05 XLT F250 and really liked the way it turned and rode going down the interstate. They had my truck doing some Tranny recall, so I asked to drive one of the new 2005's just to see how I would like it. I am waiting for the '07 before I do anything else. With all the talk about new regulations on diesel fuel and everything have to meet tougher emissions. I am just going to wait and see what they come out with.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:41 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I am really bummed out..My crystal ball was out of service and we did not see this everybody gets the employee price coming.
I got the new Ford in Feb on the ford family plan because I knew a Ford employee that got it for me.It's was the only way I could afford a new big truck..Did not get a diesel because IMHO the 6.0 is junk.. If I had only known I would now be buying the chevy diesel.. I am really bummed out////
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
Let's see, the '04 is in the shop for repairs. Shari asked the body shop owner if the damage to our truck would impair its towing ability. Darn it, he said NO. If had said yes . . . . sigh! I guess us boys will always want what's biggest, badest, and newest.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:30 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Don't feel bad, Rich. We bought ours last October with no family discount nor employee discount. As far as being junk, many of us would really disagree with you. The magazines, both online and hard copy, disagree with you as well. In every single head to head to head test the 6.0 and torqueshift wins by a large margin, towing and not, uphill and down, flatland, etc. The heaviest tow test was a 15k trailer. If you don't believe this, email me and I'll send you some url's. And go to a library and read last September's Motor Trend tests. I'm not saying the others are not also good but I do take exception when people characterize another brand as "junk", especially when that brand has been the number one selling truck for 28 years in a row and the number one selling vehicle of ANY kind for 21. I don't knock other people's preferences for brand and don't like it when others do. Sorry, my pet peeve.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Not commenting on the truck..it is the best truck and it has been the best selling truck for 28 years it also did not have the 6.0 psd in it for about 25 of those years. Magazines will say about anything since they do not do those reviews for nothing. A magazine is the last place I would base my decision on buying anything..information yes... The folks that I like to listen to are the techs that service and maintain them, any brand.Most owners are not real good sources of information as to freely admit that they bought trouble would mean that..I made a mistake.. and most folks do not like to admit that..Anyhow, did not intend to insult anyone.I did say IMHO..which means In my humble opinion of which I am entitled to..might even be in My stupid opinion and it means nothing except to me..By the way..I don't like broccoli...IMHO it taste like c---.To each their own..some are satisfied that they have the 6.0psd..I am satisfied that I don't..perhaps the 6.4 twin turbo will work for me..I know you can not see it in what I write.. but if you knew me you would know that I write most things tongue in cheek.I will let you know when I am dead serious..Sorry about your pet peeve but did not note it in the pet peeve topic.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:22 PM   #9
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
When they came out with the 6.0 they had a lot of problems with them but they have worked out all the bugs in them and it is one good engine. This is the same engine that International Truck and Engine uses in a lot of their truck and busses. It is a great engine. Wish I had the money I would get one. Sure would look nice with my 3295.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:48 PM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
There was some collaboration between Navstar and Ford..The diesel guys at the bus garage say that Ford took a perfectly good navstar motor and turned it into a 6.0 psd..with, as they say, little success. I drive a international diesel most every day and is one fine motor It pulls a 30,000 lb or so school bus with little effort.By the way filled the tank today..$170.28
52 gals.Also filled two other mid size Internationals for $313.00 total 483.28.Have 3 small Chevy diesel busses that were also filled today.Did not see those bills but will guess that the fuel bill will be close to 600.00..That is about 3 days of fuel..do you think your school taxes will be going up..maybe???
Old 09-01-2005, 04:07 PM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am going to stay out of this one. All I tell myself is the "Longest Lasting Truck" on the road is _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. =)
Old 09-01-2005, 05:06 PM   #12
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Think I will stay out too. I got my BEE degree from Kettering University back when it was called General Motors Institute (Class of 62). Never did work on any cars or trucks for them but still have a tinge of loyalty.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:40 PM   #13
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Montana Sky, I just ordered a 2006 2500HD Chevy LT3 crew cab.... I have a 2004HD chevy.extended cab. needed more leg room. "Smile".
I worked for Ford's for 35 yrs. and love my chevy. trk.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 06:15 PM   #14
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Tell me again how good it is to own a Chevy/GM. I keep forgetting.

GM recalls 804,000 pickups and SUVs to fix brakes
Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:52 AM ET
Printer Friendly | Email Article | Reprints | RSS

DETROIT, Aug 30 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp. (GM.N: Quote, Profile, Research) is recalling 804,000 full-size pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles because of potential brake problems, federal safety regulators said on Tuesday.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said unwanted application of the antilock brake system in some vehicles can cause increased stopping distances during low-speed braking and may result in a crash.

Vehicles affected by the recall include the Chevrolet Avalanche and Silverado pickups and the Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe SUVs. The GMC Sierra pickup and Yukon and Yukon XL SUVs are also affected. All 804,000 vehicles trucks are from the 1999-2002 model years, NHTSA said.

GM, the world's largest automaker, had more vehicle recalls than any other manufacturer in the United States last year
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 08:48 PM   #15
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Just148,
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW 2006 CHEVY!! You are going to love it. This is my second Duramax, and could not be happier. Enjoy
Old 09-02-2005, 03:54 AM   #16
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Montana Sky, I also own a 1992 1500 chevy. with 396k miles, and still running with no eng. work.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:23 AM   #17
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Do not mean to bash any truck..they all have their good and bad points..The diesel techs at the bus garage, over 200 diesel busses all motors, cummings, Navstar, ford, Chevy//said..Ford has the truck but no motor, Dodge has the motor but no truck.Chevy is like middle ground..If someone would build a Ford truck with a Cummings motor and a allison xmittion it would be the perfect TV..Their opinion but that's what they do for a living??? I have no loyality to any brand I buy what we need and can afford. I guess I got Steve.R a little bent out of shape but I was just fooling around...I knew a Ford Employee that got me the family plan back in Feb Of this year..gas motor (not real happy about that) had I known a Chevy employee I would have a duramax/allison.Thre are no Dodge employees around here..
Old 09-02-2005, 08:31 AM   #18
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Alright,
Since I started this thread I am going to stop it. There is something we all are going to have to agree on, and that is to disagree. We (including myself) need to stop bashing other folks choice on tow vehicles, all three (GM, Ford, Dodge) make really great trucks and that works to our advantage. It has been brought to my attention, and I will second it, we GM guys really get bashing on the Ford and Dodge owners. My hope from here on out is that it will stop today! This club has been a really big help in my rv'ing life and I hope to enjoy it for many years to come, but if this continues we will not have a page to share ourselves with. So I am asking all of us to please share opinions, help and information, but lets get rid of the brand war that seems to get going every now and then. The only brand that is of real topic is the Keystone MONTANA/MOUNTAINEER. dave/
Old 09-02-2005, 08:35 AM   #19
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Well said.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:53 AM   #20
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
I agree. If someone has a question about a particular brand and you own one then speak your opinion. There are some people on here who seem to know it all. I think that all of the trucks are good. Had a cousin who just bough a 2005 dodge with Cummings engine. Boy is it quiet.
ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote