Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2021, 07:52 PM   #1
Dagma

M.O.C. #26356
Lost Antenna

We have a 2020 Montana High Country 295RL bought in Aug 2019. it HAD a Furrion antenna on it. It flew off somewhere when we were coming home from camping. Found out Keystone had a recall on this antenna for certain Keystone models. Guess what, ours wasn't on the list. They said they may or may not cover the replacement. We would have to take it to the dealer and they would investigate and send info to Keystone, then they would decide. Really? If it is a safety hazard according to the NHTSA on a certain 5th wheel, it would be a safety hazard on all. I contacted NHTSA and they called me. They agreed that it should be covered. They asked for photos which we sent. They told me if I replaced it, to keep all receipts. Luckily I have a nephew who is a RV tech, so he is going to help my husband install a replacement instead of waiting weeks or months to get it done at the dealer. Keystone is replacing the Furrions with a Winegard 360+. Just wanted let people know in case they had the same problem.

Dagma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 04:38 AM   #2
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Last year, I ran into someone at Camp Creek, WV who had just lost his antenna as well. He mentioned the recall to me at that time but I couldn't find any info on it. I have checked mine and it appears to be mounted solid right now, but I'm keeping an eye on it. Good luck getting the replacement.
RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 07:14 AM   #3
scuba dude
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10841
The winegard 360 is a poor choice also.
scuba dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 10:05 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We were "JUST" at the end of our one year warranty when my Rayzor television antenna broke (Click here.

My dealership ordered a new new one for me and instead of Keystone covering the warranty, Razzor did. I was going to replace it myself, I just wanted the new antenna. When the dealership told me they could do it and Razzor would foot the service bill, I said, "why not!". When the part came in (which took about 2 weeks back then), they told me to bring the camper in and they'd install it. I said, OK, expecting them to have the camper for a couple weeks waiting to get my turn.

I took the camper in, unhitched and told them tanks. The manager said, Wait! hang on, go get a cup of coffee and come back. Well... 30 minutes later they had the antenna on my roof, I signed the paper work that it was done, and 45 minutes after I arrived, I drove home with the camper and the new antenna!

I was like .... flabergasted!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 10:39 AM   #5
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
We were "JUST" at the end of our one year warranty when my Rayzor television antenna broke (Click here.

My dealership ordered a new new one for me and instead of Keystone covering the warranty, Razzor did. I was going to replace it myself, I just wanted the new antenna. When the dealership told me they could do it and Razzor would foot the service bill, I said, "why not!". When the part came in (which took about 2 weeks back then), they told me to bring the camper in and they'd install it. I said, OK, expecting them to have the camper for a couple weeks waiting to get my turn.

I took the camper in, unhitched and told them tanks. The manager said, Wait! hang on, go get a cup of coffee and come back. Well... 30 minutes later they had the antenna on my roof, I signed the paper work that it was done, and 45 minutes after I arrived, I drove home with the camper and the new antenna!

I was like .... flabergasted!
There are many great dealerships out there. They understand that longevity is dependent on good service. Right now it's a sellers market. But likely the dealers that provide good customer service now are the ones more likely to make more sales when the pickin's are slimmer.

My Razyr also broke in the rod that connects the internal adjuster to the antenna. I replaced it with a Winegard 360+ but wired it to my own 4G hotspot and WiFi booster. Seems to work well and there's nothing to break.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote