Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 08-10-2013, 03:56 AM   #1
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
Going through Washington state

We are heading from Spokane over to Port Townsend need to find a place in between. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Debbie Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
If you want to stay the night on the east side of the Cascades and just want an overnight E&Js RV park in Ellensburg is a good place. Ti's right off I-90, is big rig friendly with many pull throughs, and next to a Truck stop for fuel when you leave in the morning; but it's right next to I-90 and a truck stop...if you know what I mean. We have stayed here several times and it is a clean safe quick stop for overnight.
If you want to stay on the west side of the pass at exit 34 is Seattle east truck plaza (never stayed overnight here, but have stopped for fuel and food). Sorry, but we don't stay at many places on the west side because we live on the route you will be traveling. After the pass and Hwy 18 you are in the city and not many RV parks. Once you get to Hwy 16 then you may as well keep going to Port Townsend. Hope you have reservations if you are planning to stay at Fort Warden State park as it is one of the best parks in the area and is very popular all year round.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
We recently stayed at Wenatchee River County Park (http://www.wenatcheeriverpark.org/Default_v3.aspx) which is about 1/2 way between Spokane and Port Townsend. It is a spectacular park! Check the reviews on RVPark Reviews (http://www.co.chelan.wa.us/wrp/wrp_main.htm). Lots of green grass between sites and neighbors, large sites with 50 amp, shade trees, and next to the river. It is definitely a do again for us.

Additionally it is only 10 miles from Leavenworth, a Bavarian style town ala Solvang, CA.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #4
ranch560
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12491
Debbie, what highway are you planning to take heading west, Hwy 2 or Interstate 90. And are you planning on taking the ferry out of Edmonds or are you planning on driving around Puget Sound and going through Tacoma and Bremerton? It can make quite a difference. I live in Edmonds, store my Montana on the east side of the mountains in Cle Elum, so I'm familiar with the area. If you want, you can PM me and I will give you my cell #.

Jim
ranch560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Debbie Asher
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6167
Thanks for the information we are going to stay at Wenatchee river Park, We were planning on going to Leavenworth just didn't have a clue on where to stay. Right now we are in Blackwell RV and Mary Kay and Dennis are here too with their kids. Tomorrow we are going out on my step brothers yacht which is 38 feet with 2 bedrooms on it, can't wait.
Debbie Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
sfretts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8573
Wenatchee river county park is one of our favorites. As stated earlier, it is a great place and lots of space. Only problem right now is forest fires and smoke. There are a couple in the area but the smoke should be going the other way. Enjoy, we always do. Also, at the west end of the park is a pedestrian bridge to cross Hiway 2. On the other side you will find great burgers and milkshakes! Cant remember the name but is right at the end of the bridge. We walk there every time we stay at the park.
sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote