Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2008, 08:46 AM   #21
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
That's the same thing I said. He has the teeny bopper vote. It's a shame too. I was shocked with Carly was voted off. I just knew it was going to be Jason. I thought of you when Ryan announced Carly. I sure wasn't expecting it.

Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #22
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
The other little 17 year old David can go in my opinion. He just isn't ready yet. He has a good voice, but it needs to get some maturity in it. I was real sorry to see Christy go last week. I think we'll hear more of her. Saiesha (sp) was good and has stardom qualities also. David Cook is the same. All my opinion, of course.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #23
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
OK, can't stand it--true confession time, since you gals have 'fessed up.

I'm an Idol addict, and in particular (don't laugh) a SIMON addict. I hated to see Carly go. Jason Castro has a great, one niche voice, but as a well-rounded idol, no way. However, we have to remember that every teeny-bopper on the planet has a cell phone, so those little overly-hormonally-active chicks are burning up their touchpads voting for Jason Castro. I'm sure they're doing the same thing for David Archuleta, too, but at least he has some merit as a well-rounded singer.

Loved Carly--she should not have been voted off last night. Jason should have been sent packing. I like Brooke White, too, but she's a bit uneven in her performances--still, great talent. David Cook--WOW! Syesha . . . well, after witnessing Fantasia's version of "Summertime" the year she won, it's going to take another huge voice to convince me that anyone else out there has that kind of talent.

As Simon said last night, sometimes Idol becomes a popularity contest. So, Jason stays (thank you, teenyboppers of America) and Carly goes. I think the LACK of popularity is what sent Danny Noreiga packing weeks ago, with my blessings. Idol personalities like his--arrogant, rude, and flippant--never do play well with the voters. I hope he and Ramiele Malubay are very happy together in LA (no secret--she told Ryan after she was booted off that she was moving there to live with Danny). Ramiele was another singer I didn't care for. She had talent, but she shot herself in the foot by failing to take the advice of the judges and showcase her big voice with better songs.

Whew! Obviously this old English literature teacher is way, way too wrapped up in reality TV, but Idol is my only reality TV vice, so forgive me. I occasionally need a break from Milton, Shakespeare, Eliot, Dunne, Dickinson, and company. (OK, I lied--I'm also a "The First 48" addict. And when "Sopranos" was on, people knew not to get between me and my television set.)

I predict David Cook will win, but because he's a bit old for the pink, rhinestone-studded cell phone bunch, David Archuleta may give him a run for his money.

Glad you have cable, Icehouse!

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:36 AM   #24
Icehouse
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7893
Carolyn, you have me howling! I'm glad I have cable too. I didn't watch Idol until about 3 or 4 seasons ago. Then I watched the auditions and got my weekly laughing fix!! After that, I was hooked!

Are you still buried in snow?

Tammy
Icehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #25
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wayne and Carolyn Mathews

OK, can't stand it--true confession time, since you gals have 'fessed up.
GALS! GALS! With brass hang......never mind, I'm speechless!
How did I miss your post

Well, not quite speechless yet. You have hit the nail on the head. Unfortunately my wife is the English major and does not get on the forum. I think she's shy-NOT.

I think Simon is ostentatious. (How's that English teacher)

I want Christie Cook back, (sob)

I am hoping that some that have been "let go," get some good contracts because their potential in the entertainment world is tremendous. Only time will tell.

Wayne (MOH)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:47 PM   #26
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Wayne, I liked Christi myself, but I knew she was doomed when she failed to blossom after making the top 10. The other gals obviously "got it"--that they had to stand out to make the cut. A good voice is the first requirement, but for the girls, glitter and glitz are almost equally important.

Christi is so pretty, yet she was, in Simon's caustic words, "forgettable" because she didn't have stage presence. I thought my students would like her, because they loved Carrie Underwood, but they didn't because she didn't look like a star. Look like? Sound like? It is a singing competition, not a beauty pageant. But for the gals, it's a dress/hair/stage presence thing, too, and Christi didn't seem to understand that except for the night she wore the sequined and beaded tank top with her jeans. For all her other appearances, her outfits were more appropriate for a covered-dish supper instead of a stage performance. Carrie Underwood, on the other hand, came straight off a tractor and knew right where to head with her terrific voice--to makeup and wardrobe.

Most of the final 10 will undoubtedly get a record or acting deal, so not winning the competition isn't the end for them. (Carly, you should NEVER have been cut, but we'll be seeing a lot of you, I feel.) On the other hand, I can think of two winners who haven't done a thing--Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks--yet most of the 9 kids who were sent packing during each of those two seasons are doing very well. Both Taylor and Ruben, I think, were "popularity contest winners," not talent winners.

I don't know how much longer teeny-boppers can keep Jason afloat, but I can tell you that the girls I teach think he is HOT--"Those eyes, Mrs. Mathews!!!! His dreadlocks!!!!" I'm not sure they are even aware that he sings. They also like David Archuleta, but think he might be a bit squeaky-clean . . .Go figure.

Now, about Simon . . . I guess I've gone on about him a bit much around my place, because the other night my husband got in a snit and said, "Well, why don't you just write and tell him that you're a devoted SENIOR CITIZEN fan and ask if he would send you one of his smelly old black t-shirts?" I think Simon is the "bad boy" my mother never let me date. You know--forbidden fruit and all that jazz . . .

OK, enough. I have to find Simon Cowell's address . . .

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote