Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
Rearrange furniture

We have a 3400RL. Couch faces LR TV, two recliners in rear. Recliners are dead. Would like to move couch to rear and replace recliners with theater seating. Less to secure inside when moving plus more comfortable TV watching when parked. We know couch will fit in rear but need two theater seats, preferably with console in middle. Need theater seats plus console to be max 74” wide and 39” deep when closed up. Other concern: couch would be on top of a furnace vent. We very rarely use the furnace. Couch sits on legs with about 3” of floor clearance. Am willing to relocate furnace vent (or cover it) if necessary. New theater seats (obviously) need to fit in the entry door. Any advice on furniture models or other advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
Rebel702
Established Member

M.O.C. #21201
I would start here. Lippert Thomas Payne Collection
https://store.lci1.com/products/furn...nglish&cat=251

Jim & Pat / '18 Montana 3811MS / '18 Ford F350SD / Pullrite ISR2300 SuperGlide
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
My only requirement for a couch is that it is nap friendly.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:29 PM   #4
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
www.glastop.com. Replaced all the bonded leather crap in our 2015 with ultra leather, to include the theater seating and sofa bed. Had to wait six weeks for delivery but well worth it. They have many selections and choices in both fabric and ultra leather. Great quality.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:26 PM   #5
CVNCheng
Established Member

M.O.C. #18393
We too have a 3400RL and have had similar conversations. The furnace vents aren't that much of an issue, there are several in the main cabin, one in the head and two in the front. Closing one would not seriously affect airflow. (we use our furnace all the time)

I'd be interested in seeing photos when you finish as Im planning on resealing all the windows next year and with the rear window removed, getting furniture in and out would be easy. (window removal and sealing is not all that challenging BTW if you find a piece that won't fit through the door.)

Bill
2010 3400RL
2013 F350 DRW 6.7
CVNCheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:47 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
The theater seats will most likely come with the backs removed and all you do is bring the parts in the door and put the backs on. A friend had his replaced under warranty so I have done this once.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #7
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
Most of the RV theater seating comes apart so you can get through the door just like most of the RV appliances. you can go on line and find all kines of seating.
Happy Trails
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:29 PM   #8
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
We have a 326RLT with a similar setup - couch on driver's side, TV on passenger side and 2 swivel rocker recliners in the rear. I thought about moving our couch to the rear and put the recliners where the couch is. Then just relocate the tie-downs and when it's time to slide everything in, just tie them down and not have to slide the recliners around and reposition them before tieing them down. My entertainment slide on the right has 34 inches of clearance between it's rear flange and the back window. But my long slide on the left or driver's side only has 31 inches of clearance between it's rear flange and the rear window. The couch is more than 31 inches deep so I cannot move it to thre rear and close my driver's side slide.

We too thought the theater seating was nice when we looked at new RV's. But last year in Texas my friend Rod who has a new Solitude with theater seating would come to my RV and visit. He would sit in my wife's recliner and he would really get that rocker going. One day I jokingly said "you really like that rocker don't you"? He said "yes I do. We only have that theater seating". He said "you can't rock". Then I realized that we sit in our recliners and swivel around so we can plug stuff into outlets and set all kind of stuff on the floor around us like my wife's yarn and we have a table between us with lots of stuff on it. And I realized that I don't know how we'd operate if we were hemmed in those fixed seating positions. You don't realize how good you have it until you don't have it anymore.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:26 AM   #9
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
When we want new furniture for a RV we don't even consider "RV furniture". Get your desired dimensions and go shopping at any home furniture store. We prefer Lazy Boy.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #10
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
For our SOB TT we went to a furniture store and ordered recliners to replace uncomfortable couch. Backs were shipped not installed. Easy to get through the door.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #11
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
We have the model 3402rl and bought our Lambright recliners with console from Glastop. We bought the cloth in stead of leather on account we like to travel in cooler weather so the cloth is warmer. The couch fit in the back without blocking the floor vent. The recliners fit in the slide perfectly. Now we don't have to tie the chairs down and they don't move. Great improvement over original recliners an now in a much better location.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 02:52 PM   #12
Petmoose
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12532
We have a 2012 3582 with the couch in the back. I built 9.5 inch wide side tables that go on either side for settings drinks etc on. Have the recliners in the slide. We replaced the original recliners with power recliners that we found at a local furniture store that had theater seats made by Palliser. Easy to get in the door. All leather, cup holders, battery back up if power fails and a great place for a nap.
Petmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 03:16 PM   #13
oddjobal
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20488
My wife likes to change things around. We have a 2012 295RK. When we bought it there were 2 couches. One hide a bed and one gaucho facing each other & a 4 seat dinette by the kitchen. The gaucho was by the door but blocking a door in the island. The couch was bolted down. Moved that to my house spare room replacing the 2 zero clearance recliners. Recliners went by the kitchen and the table and chairs went by the door. Added D hooks in a few place to keep everything from moving. If it fits and your happy, go for it
oddjobal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:37 PM   #14
Pattifab
Established Member

M.O.C. #20126
Make sure it fits

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjjj View Post
We have a 3400RL. Couch faces LR TV, two recliners in rear. Recliners are dead. Would like to move couch to rear and replace recliners with theater seating. Less to secure inside when moving plus more comfortable TV watching when parked. We know couch will fit in rear but need two theater seats, preferably with console in middle. Need theater seats plus console to be max 74” wide and 39” deep when closed up. Other concern: couch would be on top of a furnace vent. We very rarely use the furnace. Couch sits on legs with about 3” of floor clearance. Am willing to relocate furnace vent (or cover it) if necessary. New theater seats (obviously) need to fit in the entry door. Any advice on furniture models or other advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
The couch in our 3400RL will not fit in the back by the window. It does, lengthwise, but its too wide and the slides will not come in if we put it there. Better make sure yours will.
Pattifab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:44 PM   #15
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
We have a front living room with the theater seating facing the TV. Problem is they're electric and just seem so slow if you want to jump up for a fresh drink. Also, last winter during a snow storm we were watching Netflix and the power went out. We had to climb in and out of the reclined seats till power was restored. We actually want to go back to seperate recliners. If New York wasn't so far from San Antonio I'd offer to trade.
DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:41 PM   #16
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
I have the lambright theater seat recliners. They are electric with an 9 volt battery for back-up. The battery back-up is very slow but good for an emergency.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 05:46 PM   #17
rich6506547
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8222
Just get a vent cover that well close at home depot .we got new reclines and couch or theatre seats we move them around. On the flooring I put vinyl plank but slides are carpet. I have a 3400rl
rich6506547 is offline   Reply With Quote