Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2018, 10:57 PM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Buffalo Point/river Arkansas

Just visited Buffalo Point on the Buffalo National River here in Arkansas for the first time with our new much longer (42') 5er.

I hate to tell ya but if you have a large RV your going to have a VERY limited number of sites at this campground to select from and if your not careful you can end up in an area where it is impossible to turn around!! DO NOT DRIVE PAST THE C SECTION INTO THE D SECTION IF YOU ARE OVER 32'!!! DO NOT DRIVE PAST BATHHOUSE IN THE B SECTION TOWARD THE A SECTION!!

The main attraction for using this campground is the immediate proximity to the Buffalo river of course and it does indeed provide that. Likewise you are fairly close to Crooked Creek which may not have quite the scenic beauty of the Buffalo it is less used and has much better fishing. It also has much better landings (state maintained).

It is just very unfortunate that the National Park Service doesn't see fit to provide better facilities to the ever increasing owners of larger RVs. I honestly think they are deliberately trying to snub larger RV owners.

Also unfortunately there aren't any quality privately owned RV parks anywhere in the Buffalo river valley. Quite possibly because the NPS won't allow it or they just have to many restrictions. There is one private park at Gilbert, AR but it is at best subpar (to tight and no shade). If you like to primitive camp though the NPS loves ya......

2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:50 AM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I camped and turkey hunted on the Buffalo River one time. We went about 10 miles up the National River on a 9.9 HP boat and tent camped.
The guy we hunted with told me Jane Fonda and a bunch of her Hollywood friends canoed down the fiver stoped on a sand bar and got natural. His friend saw this and didn’t think of her or what was going on. He was hunting, took out his gun and started shooting at them. I think they got their clothes on and left in quite a hurry, or they may have left before they got dressed.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote