Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
maxmorrow
Established Member

M.O.C. #10747
How to locate black tank on Mountaineer

I am wanting to install a black tank flusher on a 05 Mountaineer 329RLS but wanted to know if anyone knew where it is located or a website to find out. I looked down the toilet but it has a 90 degree turn at the bottom. I just bought it and the black tank shows full a lot quicker than I think it should. It does show empty when we dump it but fills quickly. I am afraid that it could have buildup in the bottom.

maxmorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I would think it would be very close to the black tank valve handle. Removing the underside cover (if you have one) and any insulation might reveal the tank since the black tank valve would be attached at the tank outlet and the lever should have a direct shot to it.

The tricky part from what I understand is that this flusher needs some extra plumbing to create an upward, then downward direction of the pipe to the water source to prevent effluent from entering that line. Hopefully you can also find room for this too. I hope I described this correctly.

You might also need a professional tank cleaning at this point or someone to describe all the tricks to get any buildup removed. The flusher would help prevent future buildups.

A big cause of buildup is not using enough water during a flush. Remember that after the contents are dumped from the bowl the tank needs plenty of water to then flush these contents from the tank otherwise the contents might dry and stick to the tank. Forgive the vision, but this is the reality.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Maxmorrow here is where Keystone mounted mu No Fuss flush nozel you can also see the supplu hose going up to the basement then to the anti syphon valve and across to the outside suppy hose conector.