Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Oh, what to do, what to do...

Ok, here it is. The sweety has physical conditions in her back that make the buggy action on a less than steller roadway something to be avoided at best and alleviated at worst. So far, I have looked at the Trail-air (very pricy) and the Easy Rider Air_Hitch (can't find a price). These are two completely different technologies. I am sure there are other products out there to tame the bronco. I am open to suggestions. Like my Montana, I am looking for the best bang for the buck.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Carol and Al have the Isolator and seem to be pleased with it. Hopefully they'll jump in with more info.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:06 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
yep, we do like it just fine, Judy and Stiles

It takes out MOST of the bucking, but if the road is really bad, we still have some. I cannot say enough GOOD about it, and have said a few times and will say again, we will never have another truck/5er combo without some kind of air hitch/pin set up! PERIOD!

Suggest Stiles, doing another search here at MOC if you have not done so in a while, and read the comments, Just the other day someone (name escapes me after a long day of research, brain cells are numb) with a VERY detailed explanation of why they work, etc. He talked about Mor Ryde, Trailaire, etc.

Hope that helps some, the Isolator was under $800. if I recall.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:29 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, I'm sorry to hear about your wife's condition but can understand how that harshness can be painful. I'll let others tell you about the hitch solutions since I know little about them. What I have found, though, is that most of these situations are on interstates, from what I've seen anyhow. Occasionally we experience it on US highways, but not much. So, when you can, taking non-interstates might help.

In those situations where you cannot avoid the roads that cause this herky-jerky motion, sometimes changing your speed will help a little. Faster or slower.

Also, if you happen to have airbags on your truck, I've found a little finetuning of the air pressure can make a big difference. This requires you have an onboard compressor with gauge and switch in the cab.

These are just things that might help a little. I would not suggest these instead of some kind of isolator hitch but in addition to.

Good luck. Please let us know the route you take (pun really not intended) and how it works out for you.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 06:33 PM   #5
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Would something like this help? Don't know the cost.

http://www.buytruckstuff.com/product...=16&p_gpID=168

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:56 AM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I assume you looked here WWW.trailair.com

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote