Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2005, 03:42 AM   #21
ronstan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1536
Sreigle. Happened to use netscape to go to your travels yesterday and now I can see the pictures using netscape. Don't know what I changed. Didn't think I changed anything. So now I can use either one.

ronstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:44 AM   #22
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
I am a Microsoft man and have been since Bill Gates started his empire. One thing that I found over the years about IE is that even thought MS seems to not create to standards IE is forgiving for those web page builders that forget to close tags on things such as tables or table rows or table data and so on and so on. Netscape is not forgiving and will error invalid HTML. FireFox has a nice feature you can use to block popup windows but if you hit a site that uses another window (target=_blank) to present data (hence a popup) I have found that it blocks the window from opening. Netscape is solid and used as the primary browser at such places as the Space Center however; most users there still use and prefer IE (its political). Having developed online applications of all types I like writing for IE however, I have to design in such a way that the application works in all browsers. What I have found over the years is that many users select their browser based on the operating system platform they use and what is dictated to them by corporate policy or what came on their machine when they first got it. Most browsers today have comparable features they just accomplish those features in different ways(internally). Recently, I conducted a test of IE, Netscape and FireFox browsers and found that IE will render a page hands down faster then Netscape. FireFox is faster in some cases and was very close to IE as far as look, feel and feature set.

Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:11 AM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Thanks, BigBlue. I've been happy with IE and like not having to use multiple browsers so will probably just stay put unless I get into an experimenting frame of mind someday. Mostly those days are in my past.

Ron, that's good to hear. Whatever you did that you don't know you did, just don't undo it! Probably something to do with tongue position.

Jeff, good post. Thanks for the info.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:45 AM   #24
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Steve,
Must be a Kansas thing. My Dad use to say, "If you hold your tongue just right, it will work." I was pretty grown up before I understood that.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:23 PM   #25
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ed (or Sue?) did you grow up in Kansas? Where?
Old 01-24-2005, 05:44 PM   #26
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Steve it was Sue - Ed hasn't been on the MOC at all. I've got a kick out of some of the replies when discussing early computer work 70's,80's - everyone thought it was Ed. You know we gals can't do these things. I was born in Melrose, Kansas (Southeast). My ancestors on both sides homesteaded to Kansas in wagons from Illinois and Indiana. I lived there until I was 10 but my extended family is all still there.
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:50 AM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
LOL. Sorry, Sue. I think it's more that more men than women post here and since your signature put Ed's name first, well, I just assumed. And the old saw about "assume" got me this time.

Wow, Melrose is almost to Oklahoma! I don't think I've ever been there. Not too far from there, though, is Cherryvale, where Vivian Vance grew up. The campgrounds out on the east side of Big Hill Reservoir there is one of my all time favorites in Kansas. Great bass fishing there, too, with an 18" minimum keeper size that's easy to meet.