Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
Mel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10238
Furnance will not start

Have had the 5th wheel parked for a couple of months. Just changed the LP tanks and now heater will not start. I did check and I am getting propane to the stove and refrigerator. Also checked and have no breakers off or fuses blown.

Any ideas what I should try next?

Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Make sure fuse is good, make sure 12 volt disconnet is on. Does it make a fan nose? If so, pull the 12 volt fuse to the furnace, stick it back in after a minute or so, then try it.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
wingerphil
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6570
do you happen to be using the tank on the curb side of the rig? If so, move the tank to the opposite side or if that tank is full too just switch the main regulator back so it draws from the drivers side tank. There have been issues with the red regulator inside the LP cabinet on the curb (passenger) side. This causes a decrease in flow not allowing the furnace to light but the stove, water heater and fridge all work fine.

Phil
wingerphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
If the blower is not running and the igniter is clicking, tap on the blower housing. It may be stuck. The blower must run a short time before the gas flows. The red light on the circuit board will be blinking at a steady rate, same as the clicks from the igniter. If the red light is blinks a code, 1-3 times with a space, read the code meaning on the fan housing or look it up.
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
My daughter had the same problem in her horse trailer, I discovered that even though the fan would run the furnace would not light, it was because the voltage was low. Once the batteries were recharged or connected to the truck the furnace would light.

My house furnace does the same thing, I had several "repairmen" look at it and I actually discovered that the voltage on that particular circuit was only 104 volts, when the circuit board converted the AC to DC the voltage was not proper and the furnace fan would run but the gas would not turn on. I changed the wires to a different circuit and have had no problem for 2 years now.

Check your battery voltages.
Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
I had the same problem. The fan woukd comne on but no heat.
I read the suggestions on here and found that when I removen the fuse for a few secs then reinsereted it BINGO I got heat. You people are just great I was about ready to have a service man come to the park top fix it. Saved me a bunch.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #7
waynemoore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10552
Darn need to do spell check before posting Sorry.
Add 40 GAL tank in bed.
waynemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #8
Mel
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10238
Thanks everyone. It was a fuse. Love all the help available on this website from great people!

Have a wonderful Christmas.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote