Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Shade awning on slide

Our Cambridge is the same floor plan as a Montana 3400. We ordered it with awnings over the slides. I also wanted a conventional shade awning added that would be mounted to the main slide aft of the entry door. The dealer couldn't figure out how to do this because the mounting hardware would interfere with the mounting for the slide awnings.

So, Here is the question. Has any one done this? If so how? I still want one as I think it is an ideal place to add an outside room for those rainy, windy days in the upper mid west (read Drummond Island, MI). In the mean time we carry a tent along,

Any ideas are appreciated

Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
Not sure if this would work but check out this link and see what you think. In my mind if this was mounted over the top of the slide out and being it extends straight out with no side brackets, it should give you enough room to sit under during those rainy days. Just my first thought that came to mind.

http://www.rvstuffusa.com/miragelate...fcolorado.html

Here is a few more links that shows what I am thinking,
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv...asp?m=01020101
http://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/rv...asp?m=01020104
http://www.dometicusa.com/awnings.php?product=31
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:55 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
What would it be like to mount it on the slide itself , near the top, but not on the coach body?
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
jpbcny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4571
I have seen this type of awning setup at an RV show (I beleive it was on a Hitch Hiker 5er), they had an automatic 12v awning as the main awning, and had a conventional manual awning on the curbside superslide, effectively doubling the awning space (although the awnings did not connect, and were offset by the 3 foot width of the slide). I can see how this would be convenient for a screenroom, as the awning would be lower than the main awning, making it easier to setup. Unfortunately I didn't observe how they mounted the slide awning (as they also had slide toppers installed).

JP
jpbcny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
Stiles, in the first link it appears that the awning is attached to the slide.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote