Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2005, 03:52 AM   #1
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
wireless speakers

I have the cheap RCA TV in my Montana.When the AC is running I always have to turn up the volume on the TV to hear it.Was wondering if any one has wireless speakers?and are they worth the money.Was thinking of putting them back were the recliners are.Any thoughts???

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:05 AM   #2
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Harleyrider,

I use two wireless speakers in the rear as you mention.
They were purchased at Radio Shack for about $89.
They work on D cells which last a long time or you can plug them in to 110.
They work great and have a very good sound.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 01:15 PM   #3
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
This is very interesting. Do you have any manufacturer name and/or part numbers for those speakers?
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
Mac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4624
I've not tried wireless speakers in the coach but I've tried them at home and I really don't care for the sound. I guess I'm kind of an audiofile snob so I'm hard to please. At home I've always had pretty much top of the line audio equipment and I'm sure once I start full timing I'll have to figure that out too. Like I said, nothing against other's thoughts it's just how I feel. I've had many people ask me over the years for my assistance on purchasing speakers and my recomendation to them is always buy what sounds good to you. It doesn't matter the price whatever you personally hear and enjoy.

Sorry to ramble.

mac
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #5
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
Check the operating frequency, if on 2.4Gz, they may interfere with some cell phones and/or wifi.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:02 AM   #6
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
We also use RCA wire less speakers. Had them in the Montana and now in our coach. The sound isn't as good as the Sony surround system but when we have the door open we can turn down the sound on the TV and use the remote speakers and our neighbors don't have to listen to our TV.
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 07:07 AM   #7
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
We have a pair of Advent 900 Mhz speakers we got at Radio Shack that we use outside with the sterio. They work on either D batteries or included power cords and each speaker has it's own volume control. They were a little more expensive than the RCA's but we felt the sound was better.
dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:30 AM   #8
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Went on to Radio shacks web site and couldn`t find the 89 dollar speakers.Did find the ones the that Don & Lisa have.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:50 AM   #9
Lstierw
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3532
I would probably agree with Mac and maybe i am kind of an audiophile snob also, like him I have had the more expensive stuff but most wireless systems i have heard don't sound to well. In the future technology may change that and if it sounds good to you, that is all that counts........Les
Lstierw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 09:33 AM   #10
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
After someone suggested wireless speakers on another thread i went out and purchased a set from Best Buy. These are RCA and have very decent sound. A bass boost button is on each speaker. Also, it comes with an ac adapter for each speaker and for the transmitter (3 in all). You also can use batteries. We are really enjoying this.

However, the cheapo RCA in our 2003 Montana has no output jacks. Not even for headphones. There are 3 jacks on the front but they are input and are accepting input from the dvd player/vcr. So I plugged the transmitter into the audio output jacks on the dvd player and we run the tv through the dvd player. Works great.

These were 99.99 and tax. They have more expensive ones if you prefer...
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #11
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunseekers
Although I don’t like wires I use a 15’ line, from Radio Shack, and at the TV plug into the VCR/DV player (since TV has no RCA outlets). The other end plugs into 2 Sony computer speakers that are powered by electric.
The cord is simply tucked under the slide carpet in our rig.
One thing on our check list is to remove this line before slides come in.
This might seem like a pain to some people but it works in our rig and sure makes for better TV listening!
Sunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:57 PM   #12
awaywego
Montana Master

M.O.C. #40
Glen,
Sorry I took so long to answer but have been away from the computer.
The speakers are RCA and sound like the same ones Steve R. has.
I had to plug them into the Direct TV unit so they only work with the sat. but I seldom watch local chanels.
I have had these for 4 years so Rad Shack may not cary them now.
awaywego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 12:49 PM   #13
Treecounter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #162
We run our RCA wireless speakers from either the The sat tuner or the VCR audio out. Works best through the VCR. If you use the sat. tuner they wont work when you play the VCR.
Treecounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 11:48 PM   #14
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
the speaker set up in the 3685 keeps us from needing them, but I do like the idea fro the stick home for big livingrooms and surround sound.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote