Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2005, 01:41 PM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Viva Sony

We all know what a beautiful and good sound system the Quest 2000 is. Well after 3 Quest 2000 units I gave up. This last one when you turned the volume down it went up. Other day was doing stuff inside Monty and had a CD playing. That is when I realized the old cheap boom box in my shop had better speakers. Visit to several audio stores. Found a home theater system at Frys. Included was a turner/amp, dvd/cd/vhs player, and 6 speakers. Amazing it all fit in that space above the TV.It really plays surround sound just like the system in the house. All speakers work with CD or radio.!! Like my music reproduced correctly. Happy tunes!!! Dealer will not take back Quest. Will box up and send to Keystone with some comments.

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 03:55 AM   #2
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
rlwhit, tell us more. What kind was it? Make, model, cost etc.
We are very interested. Thanks
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:58 AM   #3
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
yeah, ours is junk!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:03 AM   #4
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
We also installed a Sony and sold the Q at a garage sale. We did not replace all speakers, just the woofer. The three above the TV (builtin) we just hooked up to the new unit, We will replace the rear speakers soon. The system is great and all speakers work for everything. It is 800 watts and costs around $300 at Best Buy. I posted the model number in a previous thread.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 06:21 AM   #5
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
What I got was a Sony Home Theater System, Model HTV3000DP. Had to get different rear speaker mounts. Actually made them myself. It is not a CD changer. Only one CD at a time. I may add a CD changer. The unit sold for 399.00 + tax. You can add other digital sources, sat. etc. Have not removed and replaced the 3 front speakers. Right now they just sit on the shelf.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:54 AM   #6
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Installed the new sound system. Not too hard a job. If anyone needs info please send me a PM and I will let you know more. Good tunes.
Still need to get the pic smaller. I'll learn.

Old 08-20-2005, 01:29 PM   #7
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
On that note... What do you do.. (and you are scaring me here, cause I don't remember what flavor of system is in the monty).. about the subwoofer that is in the pantry cabinet (in the 3295's) right next to the TV cabinet???
I sure hope there is a better solution than having all those doors open all the time.
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 02:45 AM   #8
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
The doors are open just to show the unit. They close just fine. The unit is located in the same spot as the Quest was. Over the TV. In our floor plan that is in the enterainment slide out.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:49 PM   #9
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
I understand you are just photo-ing yours.... but to get the best sound on ours... you have to leave that cabinet door open... (I think it's a Toshiba)
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 07:02 PM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
If you have the Quest unit, on the remote there is a up and down arrow for bass and treble, try turning those up. There is also in the set up menu options to turn the pro logic on and also increase the "dynamic". Also on the remote is a speaker volume increase option.(not your normal up and down buttons). Try the sound field button and you can increase the volume power to each speaker including the sub. I turned mine up two clicks and found it to be much better. I am doing this by memory so I hope the names of options I said is correct. Forgive me if I am wrong.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 05:33 PM   #11
Montana_2753
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2753
Nice job! I went to Wally World and bought the Pioneer HTIB system (just the amp/radio combo...no DVD player) for under $200.00. Had a few more watts (1000) than the Sony and I already had a separate DVD player and a VCR player. Easy to hook up all the speakers, (just remove each set of wires and attach to correct terminal on new unit) and DVD and VCR. Make sure whatever system you purchase has either a powered or non-powered subwoofer. In the space where my subwoofer is located there is no AC outlet so bought this particular system because it had a non-powered sub. Bought new speaker mounts as the ones w/ the Quest were just as junky as the player. Plenty of volume, great sound, easy to set up according to room size etc. and other adjustments. Makes it just like at the movies!!

Bruce
Montana_2753 is offline   Reply With Quote