Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
Montana_882
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #882
MOR/RYDE SUSPENSION

We had the MOR/RYDE Suspension installed last fall and we also installed the Never Lub Bearings at the same time.At this point the decission if it was worth it is still undecided.Sofar we have had things move it the unit that never did before and some that moved in the past that stay in place now.
We are heading out for about six weeks very shortly and I will give you my opinion when we return.

Montana_882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:45 PM   #2
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
I'm curious. Is the suspension you had installed the four wheel independent configuration? This is the one they showed at the Rally last year. We just purchased a Cambridge. It has Mor Ryde suspension but it is not independent. Rather, it is installed as a sort of rubber mounted shackle between the springs. It seems to do a nice job but I am curious about the differences in performance.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #3
Montana_882
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #882
Dave
There are two types of suspension that MOR/RYDE builds as you know.We had the four way totally indipendent type put in {it's called torsion spring I think}.They cut the springs and all shackels out from under the unit.Then they install metal spacers to raise the unit because there is so much travel in each wheel that they would hit the bottom of the unit with out spacers.The no. of spacers may very between each unit for various reasons.
Unless you get the never lub hubs they use your brakes and hub assy.If you get the NLH's then you get all new everything at a cost of about $300.00 per axel extra. Our entire set up was about $2500.00,which is expensive unless you plan to keep your unit for a LONG time.
The reason we went to the never lub hubs and the power rear jacks is because I have NO Rotator Cuffs and a fuzed back with 2 steel rods in it,I also have an Artifical Right Shoulder joint.I did mechanic work for most of my life in some form or another and them did Masonry work for 10 years.Now I have too do it the easy way.
Montana_882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:44 AM   #4
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
I think you will be very pleased with this setup.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote