Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
Canbil

M.O.C. #13588

Not sure if I am doing this right. Website a little confusing but I guess we will catch on once weI navigate thru it a few times.
We are new members and are on our first trip as we just retired. Our dream was to head cross country and explore the great USA. Well, now we are and having a great time. Headed out in May from our hometown of Whitehall,NY and are currently in SD-making great progress.
We do have a question-the window on one of our slides leaks when it rains. It seems to be leaking through the "weep hole" into the petition and running out on the carpet. Don't know if this is an easy fix. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks

Canbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Welcome to the forum. Although I can't help with your issue, may I recommend that you provide more information pertaining to your specific Montana such as year and floor plan. Help will be along soon I'm sure.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Welcome! There may be something in the track slide obstructing and there's the possibility that a good snap close might do it. They are a little sensitive to close on occasion.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Let me also welcome you to the forum, this is the place to get the answers and ideas you need. That being said your window problem is not one I've had to deal with, however I have heard of it so someone on here will have ideas for you. In order to get to that person you will need to start a thread under the Montana problems topic and title it "leaking window" or something like that. If a thread under that topic is already up when you hit active topics just click on the topic title bar and when everything under that topic opens there will be a new topic button in the middle above the existing topics. Otherwise go to all forums and scroll down until you find Montana problems listed, click to open it, click new topic and go from there. Not everyone who knows about window leaks will reply to "new member" but if they see window leak they'll jump in and give you what they know. Good luck and hope to meet you down the road.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Canbil-- IF you have weep holes on the inside you have a problem. I have never seen windows with weep holes on the inside of the unit and if they are those windows are in backwards. IF the weep holes are outside, then as Larry(Hook)states a couple good slams of the window may take care of the problem. You don't say what model or year your unit is but if it is a new rig within the last year it is still under warranty and I'd be taking it to a dealer to have it checked out. We have a really decent Montana Dealer here in the Omaha area!

Say by the way, since you are in SD why don't you swing down here to Nebraska and attend the MOC Central Plains Regional Rally? It starts on Wednesday the 25th at is being held at Pine Grove RV Park and Campground just off I-80 between Omaha and Lincoln, NE. We're a smaller Rally but what a better way to meet some of the MOC members but at a Regional Rally. If you need more information on our Rally email me or check it out on the MOC Regional Camping Clubs in this Forum. We sure would like to have you join us and we still have space for you too!

This last paragraph has been a promotional comment on the CPRR!!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The best way to navigate the site is to use the "Active Topics" clicky at the top right of the screen. This will show only the postings which have been updated since your last visit. It makes following what is happening much easier to manage. Otherwise the thousands of topic posting are interesting but take forever to read.

The "Search" clicky in the same area works well if you want to find a posting about some issue. For example, Searching on "weep holes" returns 18 posts on the problem.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #7
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
Rondo, I think my calendar say Wednesday is 24
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:26 AM   #8
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Welcome aboard!