Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #1
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Speaking of Buffets....

Well I did mention Buffets on The Person Below Me.....(a little game)

What's your favorite?

Here in FL we have every kind of buffet imaginable. You name the cusine and we have a buffet for it.
Everything from fried chicken (even KFC has a buffet in FL) to pizza, steak to crabs legs. American, Chinese, Japanese, Italian and so on.

One of our favorites is a place called the Sweet Tomatoe, it's a huge salad buffet. They also have soups, chili, mac and cheese, spaghetti, rolls and muffins plus dessert as well as drinks. They even have an assortment of freshly brewed flavored coffees.

But my absolute favorite is a place called CiCi's (pronounced SeeSee). An all you can eat pizza for just $3.99 drinks are extra but refils are free. They have 10 to 12 different pizzas and if you don't see the one you want they will make it for you. They only have a few desserts but after all that pizza who wants dessert??

Well let's see it's 4:20, think I'll head for CiCi's MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 12:11 PM   #2
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Pizza, pizza and more pizza plus 85 degrees there today. You got to be in heaven. Maybe someday if we get lucky and can winter in Florida we'll run into each other at CiCi's.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:09 PM   #3
Doug and Lorraine
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #123
Our very favorite is The Shady Maple Smorgasbord in East Earl,PA (PA Dutch area). Biggest place you ever want to see and the food is plentiful and delicious. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed!
Doug and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 02:26 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Doug and Lorraine

Our very favorite is The Shady Maple Smorgasbord in East Earl,PA (PA Dutch area). Biggest place you ever want to see and the food is plentiful and delicious. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed!
You gotta be kidding!!!! The Shady Maple Smorgasbord has to be the biggest, best, most delicious smorgasbord in the US. Most everything is made from scratch on site by some of the best Pennsylvania Dutch cooks you could find. During the summer months ALL the vegetables were locally grown and in some cases picked that morning. All the meats came from local farmers.
Lorraine and I are originally from the Reading PA area. We lived less than 20 miles from Shady Maple. Rarely went there during the tourist season when all you Jersey tourists were in the area. But come winter when most tourists were at home, we were regulars. Our best nights were wintery snowy nights when most everyone stayed home but not us. Nearly had the place to ourselves.

When we started going there they still had the smorgasbord in the old building. And that was before they added on and there was only one serving line.

The big 4 buffets in that area..
The Shady Maple Smorgasbord
Miller's Smorgasbord on route 30
Yoder's Smorgasbord on route 23 in New Holland
Family Time Restaurant route 322 north of Ephrata

Hey what can I say? I didn't get this fabulous physic by eating healthy foods
Old 11-03-2004, 03:57 PM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

But my absolute favorite is a place called CiCi's (pronounced SeeSee). An all you can eat pizza for just $3.99 drinks are extra but refils are free. They have 10 to 12 different pizzas and if you don't see the one you want they will make it for you. They only have a few desserts but after all that pizza who wants dessert??
Hi Glenn, They had just opened a new CiCi's in Gulf Shores AL when we were there last winter. We went several times. You are right, it is an unbelievable value (especially if you are a senior). We hear the place was badly damaged by Hurricane Ivan, but they are hoping to reopen in Novemeber, just in time for our return trip to what's left of Gulf Shores.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 04:29 PM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Hey! How big is the parking lot at the The Shady Maple Smorgasboard? Think we can hold a rally there? We'll vote for that!

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 07:35 PM   #7
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
I want to rally at that place. I second that vote. Happyrving...
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:46 AM   #8
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Shady Maple is a great place! We were there once and there was a local wedding reception going on there. The place is very Amish, there are run in sheds for horse and buggy parking.

Another place in the Hershey area is Hoss's. We went there twice over 3 days.

There are also some awesome seafood "Calabash's" in the Myrtle Beach area. We turn into "retired folks" when we are there, we hurry for the early bird specials so we don't eat till we explode then go to bed.

The Yacht Club in Disney in Orlando has an awesome seafood buffet also.

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:55 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
That parking lot is huge. Some weekends you will find as many as 30 tour buses and there is still plenty of room for the cars and trucks.
We've made the error of going on a busy summer weekend. Saw the lines and turned around and went down the road to a little restaurant in Blue Ball. Blue Ball is a small village south of Ephrata and east of New Holland. New Holland is were the farm equipment by the same name are built.

As a matter of fact this area would be great for a rally. The area is known as the Pennsylvania Dutch Country and it is loaded with things to do. It is also loaded with some absolutely beautiful campgrounds. There are even a number of RV plants in the area. Skyline, Layton, Nomad in Leola and Sunline in Denver. And you haven't seen Amish until you've met the Lancaster County Amish. There are considerable differences between the Indiana Amish and the Lancaster County Amish. Maybe some of our Penna members could look into having a regional rally in the area.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:21 AM   #10
Montana_621
Montana Master

M.O.C. #621
I like buffets also but I end up eating way too much. Any kind of Oriental buffet always calls my name. LOL
Montana_621 is offline   Reply With Quote