Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 AM   #1
ONERUNNING
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10448
KOA Starke Fl.

Well, finally last Monday DW hit me up that she wanted to get way for a few days. That JOB is getting to her. Anyway, I told her on short notice it may be difficult to make reservatiions this time of the year. But as bad as I wanted to get the Monty on the road again. I went to work on the computer. After numerous attempts, I was about to give up. Then I decided to try some camp grounds off the beaten path. The first one was KOA in Starke, just about an hour drive from the house. They said, they had plenty of room, and to come on. When I told DW, the first thing she said is, "what in the world is there to do in Starke?" I reminder her that she said she just wanted to get away and relax, and this would be a nice place to do it. So she said go ahead and make the reservations.
I'm sure some of you that have traveled up and down U.S. 301 her in North Florida, have stopped here. It's a nice quite, clean camp ground, and the staff are super nice people. Also, there are a few things to do here in the area with in driving distance. We got here yester day and will be leaving Sunday, thanks to her J O B!...Joe

ONERUNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
While driving in that area, you might want to be very cautious of your speed...the area is famous for being very strict in regards to the posted speed limit. Hope your stay is as relaxing as you intended.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
We stop aat this KOA ever year on our way to Fl.Try Cowboys up the road for a good steak and a real cold Beer
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
That is a great CG as we are there 2 or 3 times every year but another good place is on 301 at hy 26 i think its called oaks rv campground ;also itsa a passport park and both are nice parks and never need reservations ;;;sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
ONERUNNING
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10448
Yes Michael, I'm very familiar with the speed traps around Lawtey, Starke, and Waldo. I'm from Jacksonville, and have traveled this area many, many times. Myself, I'm a retired police officer. I was with Jacksonville Sheriff's Office for 25 years, and that was after 20 years with the Marine Corps.
But about the speed traps, I think it was AAA, that several years ago made a big deal on the news about how Lawtey Police were hitting tourist so hard and they traveled though the area...Joe
ONERUNNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Hey, while in Starke, don't forget about that great tourist mecca just up the road in Raiford...the Florida State Prison!
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote