Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2010, 06:24 AM   #1
JPConley
Established Member

M.O.C. #10575
1st time Montana Owner

Hey all, glad to be here! We just bought a 2002 3255RL last Saturday - it's a nice step up from our 15 year old 26' 5th, which was a basic camping version. I just signed up here at MOC yesterday.

We're full-timers living in Southern Maryland. I've been doing this since early 2009, Carmen since late 2009. We love this life - it's very "Zen" - we can't hoard a lot of junk, just the basics. It's really nice not to worry about a bunch of stuff. Last winter was a challenge - needed skirting, under-carriage heat, extra space heaters, & etc., to keep that old thing warm! Not gonna be a problem in this beast - it's even got the Arctic package. I expect all I need to do is keep my water hose heated & insulated.

We like the cameraderie of the neighborhood, too. Most all the folks are really friendly, glad to help out in a pinch. That's really nice since we have to all change lots 2-4 times a year, & I don't have a pick-up to haul this. I do have a Ford Ranger but I suspect I'd just burn out the clutch! The right truck is on my list for late this year.

I like this site a lot already - I'm having a small problem, posted it yesterday, & already have several replies.

C ya!

JP

JPConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
From experience in wintering in a Montana you will need more than just insulation on the water hose. A few eletric heaters to supplement the propane will help a lot and will also cut down on the propane bill, other than that you should be pretty well ready to go.

Welcome to the forum.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
I had an 02 Montana and found the low point drains had water in them below the belly. This caused the whole system to ice up. That is an additional area that needs extra attention and insulation. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #4
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
Welcome....you are gonna love this website. You will make many good friends and get great info and advice.
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:56 AM   #5
Mayberry
Established Member

M.O.C. #10223
Hi again....we have been deciding and deciding on what brand of 5th wheel to take off in in our soon retirement! We have looked at KZ, Seville & Montana and keep going back to the Montana! We finally have it narrowed down to a 3580RL and now need to find the best $
of course! We have reservations in Mission, TX for Jan thru March
along w/our friends who bought a motor coach.
I loved the forum so that is why I probably keep coming back here..lol

Anyway, does anyone else have a 3580RL?

Vicki & Bob in Nebraska
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
welcome to the forum. We have a 3010 and love it. we are in Omaha--hope we can get to meet you sometime. Any model you get I am sure you will like it
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Hey Vicki and Bob good to have you guys back here and really glad you've decided on a Montana! Keep checking this thread you've set up and I'm sure someone will check in that owns a 3580! You guys missed a good MOC Rally this year here in Nebraka at Pine Grove RV Park near I-80 and the Greenwood exit!

JP- Please don't think that that Artic package will keep you warm and toasty with out doing some extras for the winter weather there in Maryland. That Artic package is not that much. Some bubblewrap with aluminum sheets on each side-- that's about it! Best of luck and keep us advised of your dealings with winter in your Monte!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:54 AM   #8
jdvier
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10130
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mayberry

Hi again....we have been deciding and deciding on what brand of 5th wheel to take off in in our soon retirement! We have looked at KZ, Seville & Montana and keep going back to the Montana! We finally have it narrowed down to a 3580RL and now need to find the best $

Vicki & Bob in Nebraska
jdvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:57 AM   #9
jdvier
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10130
We have talked with dealers in Colo. and found a dealer that would work with us and gave us a great deal. It is Bish's RV in Pacatello, Id. Ask for John Adams.He is giving us a better trade in deal then anyone in Colo.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mayberry

Vicki & Bob in Nebraska
jdvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:56 AM   #10
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Congratulations on your new Montana...hope all of your travels are safe and happy.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:15 AM   #11
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and enjoy it.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote