Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #1
Larry-P
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11570
RUBBER SEAL AROUND WINDOWS

Whenever we open the windows they tend to stick to the rubber seals & then pop open.
What do others do to keep this from happening. Should I wipe the windows and seals with 303 or is there another product I should use. The Monty is a 2011 & I would think this problem should have worked it self out by now but it has'nt.

Also, is using FANTASTIC around the edges of the roof & toppers doing any harm to the unit ?? Both of these areas are badly stained from leaves sitting on them & getting wet & staining them. FANTASTIC seems to be the only product to remove the stains. I use Dawn on the flat areas of the roof & toppers.

Thanks for your help.

Larry-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:36 AM   #2
JandC
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13272
Larry P, my rubber seals on my windows are not sticking yet, but my seals around my two roof fans starting sticking. We would have to turn them on and off several times to break them free to open. I finally went up on the roof and used silicone on the seals to clean them really good (I was out of 303).
Old 11-05-2014, 05:24 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
I use 303 on all my seals--windows, roof vents and slides. Can't beat the stuff. I order it out of California and always have some somewhere in the Monte. I have a small spray bottle and spray it on then use a cloth to rub it in a little. On the slide seals, I spray it on the rag and coat both sides of the gasket or seal. 303 will not collect dirt or dust and really works well. Fantastic Fan recommends it for their seal on the roof vents.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote