Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
TV lift won't work on RE 365 REQ

I know I have seen threads about the motors being defective on the TV lifts prior. Did a search no luck. Has anyone had an issue with the lift mechanism. Our TV was stuck in the down position. Tried the remote and switch inside the door. No luck. Do you know who mfg them and who to call for replacement. And if you replaced it was it the whole mechanism or just the motor. Any Infro would be appreciated. DH has gotten the TV out and the mechanism off . Was not an easy job. Now on to repair.....

Update: talked to Jim Fisher this am as we had a power surge ( yes we had a surge protector at the box which became defective causing the power surge) and we have to rule out if it's the motor on the lift or the power box to the lift that needs fixed. Our little Splendide washer is not working either. Called the surge protector co TRC and they where of no help what so ever. I think it's time to call the insurance company...

Update #2: Called our insurance company everything seems to be covered minus the deductible. But nothing that is portable would be. Meaning any computers etc. They called to make sure the DVD and washer machine was not something that was taken in and out of the RV. Luckily our computers where not damaged.

cdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Sierra 117
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9481
The TV lift on our rig was manufactured by Lippert. If they don't work it is usually caused by a pinched wire or short. Look at the wires for damage or burn marks. Easy to fix with electrical tape.
Sierra 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #3
washley1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9053
Hey guys! As you may recall, we have the exact same year and model. About two years ago we had lift issues. I THINK the company is called Nexus 21 that made those lifts. We took it to the dealer as we have a pretty good extended warranty and they replaced the motor.
washley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:13 AM   #4
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
We actually had a power surge protector failure (see our update) earlier in the day and thought only the TV lift motor was fried and was looking for the replacement company. Unfortunately it got the washer to. I guess we are lucky because it could have been a lot more appliances but we are pretty upset that the surge protector caused the surging and the problem. We called the co and of coarse they said that could never be but it did. Once we removed the surge protector all the electric surging stopped. All electric resumed normally and not one person around us had any issues. Talked to Jim Fisher from MOC this am and confirmed I was on the right track. Now we are left fixing appliances. Depending on the cost of repairs versus our insurance deductible is what we are looking at. And we don't have a reputable dealer in our area or even close by. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball now and then.....
Old 06-18-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
What brand of surge protector was it. In the past Progressive has stood behind their products.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #6
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
TRC bought at camping world. If we buy another it will be a Progressive but right now we wished we had not bought one in the first place! Spent a lot of money to avoid this problem and it should never have happened. The company refuses to take any responsibility but if they replaced the product I don't want it! Just beware .....
Old 06-19-2014, 01:39 AM   #7
Bill and Jan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12932
Our Progressive has saved us twice now. It will sacrifice itself. Returned it to Progressive and they immediately repaired and returned it to us.
Bill and Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:36 AM   #8
cdaniels
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7380
I looked up the warranty versus the TRC and the Progressive ....TRC 1 yr warranty and in their warranty it states if power failure they are not liable for any damage the failure causes. Hmmmmm... Progressive life time warranty. Live and learn.