Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Up the creek without a paddle

If you ever wondered were the famous creek was, it's in Lakewood, NM. As you can see from the pictures, except when a flash flood takes place (some might call it a flush flood) there is no use for a paddle. Here's the proof: http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/.../Poop%20Creek/
And yes, Ozz, the idea came to me since a friend of mine just lost his restaurant to a fire (bringing it up to the new codes was way more than the insurance covered and so he lost it) and I needed a card to try and cheer him up and get him going again. Caused the creation of a whole new greeting card line.

DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Looks a little like the dry creek beds around here, but with stuff all around. That looks steep. Hallmark cards? How did the new line come about?
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:00 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Having seen the creek bed and not wanting to go down there, when I needed something to cheer my friend who told me he was up the creek, the idea occurred to me. When he got the card and showed it around his donut shop now there is a demand. When I get home, the materials I've ordered to do postcards, bookmarks and several other styles of greeting cards should be there so next trip out I'll be branching out beyond what I was doing this time and probably joining the saturday sellers at the flea market.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote