Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Lancaster, P

Plan on heading out on Jul 10 for Lancaster, PA, May not make it that day if we decide to stop, but will be looking for a place. Heard Roamers was a good CG. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Also, what is rout US-209 22, and 222 like? Any suggestions on a route?

Thanks.

Edited: US-209 is the Deleware Water Gap NRA highway.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
rogue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7368
Wayne, we stayed at Roamers a couple of years ago, good people, nice campground, and very convenient for seeing the sights, Amish, Hershey factory, Snyder Pretzel factory, Candy factory, several potato chip factories, and they all give samples. Also one of the Amish places has bus service into Philadelphia, Liberty Bell, Constitutional hall, etc. So you don't have to drive down there, unless you really want to. The folks in the CG office can help you with just about anything. Be careful if you buy any bread or pies from the Amish folks that come around the camp ground, it can be habit forming Have a great time.
Bob
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Wayne,
Roamers is good. We are currently at Warwick Woods about 30 miles west of Valley Forge on route 23.
Nice if you want to visit Valley Forge or the Hopewell Furnace.
Let me know if you are going to spend anytime at Roamers. We might try to hook up there if you have time.
Cheers,

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Take 209 to I-80 west. I-80 to Rte 33 south. Rte 33 to I-78 west.

At this point you have a couple of options...
#1 Take 222 south off of I-78. 222 ain't the best hiway but it ain't the worst either. The biggest problem is 222 is primarily a 3 lane hiway with some 4 lane mixed in. The 3 lane stretches have few passing zones so if you get behind a slow poke expect to be delayed. Once you get to Reading, PA 222 becomes 4 lane to Lancaster.
#2 Take I-78 to I-81 south. Pick up I-83 south near Harrisburg and than rte 283 into Lancaster. Traveling this route will be all 4 lane but you can expect some rough traveling on I-78 between Hamburg, PA and I-81. BTW-There is a Cabela's store just off 78 at Hamburg.

If you find yourself on I-78 and your ready to stop for the night I would suggest Pine Hill RV park. Pine Hill is a great RV Park with most all sites being pull-thru.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #5
Annem
Established Member

M.O.C. #4406
We just left Roamers last week, stayed for a week, don't let them put you out in the field, we had a great view of the Amish fields, but only had thirty amps and the voltage was the lowest we have ever had in a campground, our alarm was going off all the time! They also said there was a misprint in the P.A book and they only allowed three days instead of five.
Annem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:11 AM   #6
jpf
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3393
We stayed at Roemers in late May, supposed to be for two nights, ended up being five. Loved the area and local food. Folks in the Park were great. They were going to put us in the field but changed it to a 30amp gravel site with small patio. Good thing cause it rained a couple of nites.
We plan on returning there on our trip back to Florida in September.
Didn't like the idea of the field, it was pretty lonesome looking out there, thanks for the tip about the power. Ours was good in the wooded part of the park.
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:00 AM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'm scheduled in site #63. Is that okay?
Old 07-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Got TV back today and am back on track. Leaving Sunday for Cedar Ridge Camground, NJ for one night then on Monday we should be at ROAMERS. Hope to see some MOC'ing people there!!!