Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
Polaris Family
Established Member

M.O.C. #1655
Wallpaper boarder peeling

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with their wallpaper boarder peeling at the edges? If so, what did you use to seal it back down? I've wallpapered before and I'm hoping to be able to use something other than the messy paste!

Polaris Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:34 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Go to Home Depot or Lowes. They did have a small tube of paste. I took an artist's brush and simply painted the glue behind the wallpaper edge. No fuss, no mess. Elmer's white glue would also work.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
I have the same problem with ours so I picked up a small tube of cement designed for this problem and hope to use it soon. I was told that if we use it, don't plan on taking off the paper at a later date as it will not come off. Use a wet rag to remove any excess.

Dick
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
MelsJoy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7085
Having been a wallpaper hanger in my younger days....lol...I can tell you most any paint store that sells wall-coverings, Home Depot or Lowes will carry a product call "seam glue" or "border to border" it is usually packaged in a small tube like toothpaste is, or in a quart. It is a white water soluble adhesive designed to adhere vinyl to vinyl wall covering, especially for boarders. It works and smells a lot like Elmer's glue.

What you want to do first is to "wet" the paper enough with a damp sponge to soften the paper a little, then squeeze a line of the adhesive along the area that is peeling up, and use a hard plastic wallpaper smoother, (or a stiff rubber spatula), to smooth it back to the wall. After it has been smoothed out, be sure to wipe off the entire area with a clean moist sponge to remove the residual glue that seeped out, because once it dries, it will leave a "shinny" stain on the wall, so be carefull to clean it all off. And that should take care of your issue....I hope. Good luck.
Joy
MelsJoy is offline   Reply With Quote