Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Macerator wiring - it's about time

I use a macerator when hooked up at the house for one to two weeks at a time. This allows me to dump the tanks using a cleanout from the house plumbing.

The problem was that setting up the macerator required me to run wires to the RV battery every single time, which added more time that I cared to expend.

I finally got around to running and installing the wires permanently to the battery inside the RV framing so that they are hidden and exposed only where I need to make the quick connection at the sewer outlet. This means all I need to do is install the macerator to the sewer outlet, make the quick electrical connection nearby, then run the hose (about 20 feet) from the macerator to the sewer cleanout at the house. I can't believe how much easier it is now.

For others who use a macerator, I hope you've simplified the wiring. What a time saver that's turned into.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:44 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Good job! Great idea.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
I do the same when at home as well, but have been using the deep cycle battery we take to art & craft shows for lighting and fans vice connecting to the battery bank way up front. Have been thinking about wiring something like what you did, but that single battery has been too convenient.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:57 AM   #4
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
We like our macerator that uses a water hose instead of electricity.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:05 AM   #5
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
Just a reminder, the ground up solids that get pumped into your septic tank can remain in suspension in the effluent and be discharged into your drain field. Eventually causing problems or a failure. I know it's not much at a time but the possibility is there.
If you have a 2 compartment tank and a pressurized drain field you are fine.

Mark
MARK A is offline   Reply With Quote