Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #1
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Decal Problems

I know this has been discussed many times but this is a situation where we had our decals replaced by a local dealer 2 years after our unit was purchased new in 2009. Very good support from Keystone at the time when this process was requested and completed. The majority of our replaced decals are in excellent condition today except for a few on the drivers side. These few have curled and peeled excessively! It looks like the ones that are giving problems may be the originals and have not been replaced by the dealer.
Is there a contact person at Keystone and is there a pictorial parts list for the individual decals on the Montana models where we can order the individual pieces?
Appreciate any advice or help. Thanks Ellis

8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Your dealer should have a diagram on the computer of all your decals and order numbers to go with them. When I had my decals replaced on my 05, I viewed the diagrams with the parts man, that's how they got ordered.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:50 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
What dieselguy said. In our experience IF they have the Decals on older models they have sent them. We had a few bad on our 06 3400 and they sent what they had.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 04:56 AM   #4
tweber502
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13660
Ellis, If you don't have any luck with Keystone or your dealership I have added a link to Trekwood RV Parts where the graphics can be purchased. At the top of the page choose Brand of RV, the year of your Montana, then the category (Graphics, Labels, Decals)then select Search. This will display all of the individual graphics on your rig and the location (LH or RH side and part number). When you click on the individual part it then gives the price of the decal. Hope this helps. Tim

http://www.trekwood.com/parts-search...ry=Graphics%2C
tweber502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #5
Carole
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12726
Thank you, tweber502 for that info. We don't have any problems with our 2013 now but that is really good to know about.
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 05:47 PM   #6
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Yes, thanks for the Trekwood web site. Will wait until I get home and discuss this with the Dealer that installed them in 2011; they may have the ones that were not replaced. LOL
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #7
A.J.Romeo

M.O.C. #12236
2008 Montana 3665RE Decals/Graphics have been my battle for several years now.
1 year after the Montana warrantee period ended, the decal problems started. I must say that Keystone supported decal replacement material if I covered the removal and reinstallation charges which I was more than happy to do.
Here we go again 1 year after the decal replacement the decals again curling/peeling/blistering and cracking saga,making the quality of the provided decals being highly questionable at this time..

I sent photo's and the required info to the Keystone RV, Owner Relation Dept.rep. a week ago, still waiting feedback from them. nothing more to report at this time.

It was recommended to me in the past years by several Montana owners, to simply remove the subject decals and do not replace them..
What's wrong with plain white gel-coated fibreglass finish look?
Why provide free advertisement for the Keystone Co. when their decal/graphics product continues to be a proven failure??

I am now on my second time around with the subject problem and not willing to continue with the decal replacement program as a retirement hobby!.. The unit is stored under cover away from all the high Sun elements and coolness that the Arizona Southwest has to offer..
Replacement Graphics were all reinstalled verbatim per the graphic removal/installation instructions provided by the Keystone/graphics companies.

Question?? How many Montana Owners have actually deleted the Decal/Graphic's from their units??
I myself kind-of like some of the Mountain scenes, however, a lot of the pins stripping and ??? clutter could and should be eliminated.

Appreciate any advice or info on the subject, as I start to remove the crumbling/peeling decor!

Thank you
Tony

A.J.Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:13 AM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Information// When were doing the homework on replacing our06 Montana graphics we found out the following. We went to a graphic shop that does marine graphics here on Lake Erie as we note that marine graphics seem to last a long time under harsh conditions. He looked a New Montana Graphic we had and said it was not a cheap graphic but one that would be expected to last 5 to 7 years under normal conditions which they did. Keystone never told us that. He also said that the Montana Graphic were common, Mountain scenes Etc and showed us a Mountain exactly like the one on the 06 3400. He could do replacement with a much better marine graphic material that would last a very long time. I do not now remember the cost. It was pricey but not outrageous. Large part of the cost was removing the old graphics and buffing out the shadowing.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:36 AM   #9
A.J.Romeo

M.O.C. #12236
Thank you for your info richfaa (Rich & Helen),

I just received a response from Keystone Customer service Dept. stating that decals are a cosmetic item and they cannot determine when they will or will not peel and declined any further decal participation.. Go find a Keystone dealer that would be willing to order any replacements..
I will commence with removing them as they curl/blister/peel, buffing out the shadow areas, ending the Keystone Decal saga. Enough valuable time and energy has been already spent trying to recoup from a very poor quality product. maybe making us wiser customers today..
A.J.Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #10
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We have seen a few plain white wrapper 5th wheels in the past 8 years on the road and IMO they are ugly . The mountain scenes on the Montana are common and most graphic shops will have a variety in stock.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:10 AM   #11
akf15e
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9143
"Question?? How many Montana Owners have actually deleted the Decal/Graphic's from their units??"

I did. I now own a full body paint rig, lol. Probably a bit more costly than paying someone to put on new decals, but after having two Montanas that both looked like FEMA trailers for over 50% of the time I had them, I was done with decals.
akf15e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 04:26 AM   #12
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
you have to go through your dealer to order parts.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote