Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
kipandbob
Established Member

M.O.C. #9500
surround sound

Hello, All,

For those of you with the Montana-supplied Samsung TV/amp systems, have you attempted to connect the iPod cradle to the back of the amp? I see no way to gain access to the rear of the amp; it's taller than the cabinet opening. It doesn't make sense to me that Montana would build the cabinet after installing the amplifier.

And, when watching a TV program, are you able to get sound from the rear speakers? We only get that when viewing a DVD.

Thanks,
-Bob

kipandbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
bushmill
Established Member

M.O.C. #9088
I AM ALSO INTERESTED IN ANYONES INPUT ON THIS SUBJECT. I HAVE NEVER HAD THE SURROUND SOUND WITH THE TV, ONLY WHEN WATCHING DVD. THANKS!
bushmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
You don't say what model Montana you have and they are all a little different.
As far as the sound, I don't think you get sound from the rear speakers unless the sound is being transmitted in 5.1 surround sound.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #4
kipandbob
Established Member

M.O.C. #9500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

You don't say what model Montana you have and they are all a little different.
As far as the sound, I don't think you get sound from the rear speakers unless the sound is being transmitted in 5.1 surround sound.
Sorry 'bout that. We have a 3455SA. Hope that helps.

Thanks,
-Bob
kipandbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
I had the very discussion with a rep from Keystone about having to remove a piece of trim to remove the sound system. He was suprised we had to do that. If you do pry the trim up, try to pry from the inside out to keep the pry marks from showing. My understanding was that problem has been taken care of, our 2010 was built late April 09'.
Don't have the Ipod, so I don't need the dock, just put it aside.
I have used the surround speakers often while watching the tv, NASCAR nut, and they should work on the aux mode on the remote. I love hearing the roar of the engines when they say they are going to "crank it up"!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The default models that come with the Montanas only have Surround sound with DVDs (aka output only). In order to get it with the television or other video receiver you need a new "home-theater" system to replace what's there and this new unit has surround sound "inputs" that it can get through a digital optic or coax cable or even 5.1 or 7.1 from the other tv or video/audio devices. Plus the DVD you are watching must have been manufactured with it as well. Not all DVDs come this way.

It's best to think of the Monty unit as a DVD player with 5.1 or 7.1 output. I think that's about all it provides.

I am sure some MOCers will add what units out in the market will work get you what you need.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:57 AM   #7
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Another thought. Do you get TV sound thru the front speakers of the Samsung system? Or just the TV?
I don't have the Samsung system. But on mine, the TV was not connected to the sound system at all. Only TV sound was from the TV itself. I had to add an audio cable from the TV audio output to the DVD/home theater system sound audio input to get the TV sound thru that system. Much better sound than the TV, but I don't think I get sound from the rear speakers while watching TV. Don't watch that much of it while camping and just don't remember.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #8
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
I cabled the audio out of the TV to the audio input of the DVD player and it works well. Just select on the DVD where the sound is coming from, such as audio 1. That will play the sound from the TV into the Surround sound system/DVD player. I used an RCA cable (3 cord in one) purchased at Walmart. Can also be purchased from Radio Shack but is more expensive there in MHO.
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote