Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Still waiting on CW

When we had our Monte repaired in July, there were a couple of other warranty issues that CW in Statesville, NC were going to take care of. They had to order the inside trim for the entry door and get the air mattress replaced since it won't hold air. It has now been over three months and I am told by them that they still haven't got the trim pieces. They hadn't done anything about the mattress, and the mfg warranty runs out this month. I have emailed Keystone and waiting on response. I keep bugging CW but they keep coming up with excuses. I hope Keystone will take care of the issues.

chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Steve,
When we received the wrong mattress on the air bed previously, I contacted Flair directly and they took care of the mattress situation themselves. I didn't mess with the dealer, and didn't mess with Keystone, just went straight to the source. Worth a try?
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Bingo, I called them directly when we noticed the problem. I was told by Flair rep. that I needed to have repair company contact them. I sent CW pics of mattress and model/serial number like they requested. Guess I can call Flair again. Worth a try, thanks.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Just went back and read email response from Jim Morrical at Flair. He said that Keystone has to administer the warranty so I have to contact dealer or Customer Service. Believe I will call them tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You really need to contact Keystone customer service. Many people have been ignored when they emailed, but everyone gets an answer (like it or not) when you call. Some things are still better the old fashioned way.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Called Keystone CS today and talked to Henry. Lisa Calderon is assigned my case but she was on the phone so Henry helped me. It was a pleasure talking with him. He said that my trim parts had been ordered by CW, but there was nothing about the air mattress in any of my notes. I had a copy of the email from July 29th when we first reported the problem. Henry went ahead and placed an order for a new mattress and said that it would be shipped directly to me once Keystone received it. He also said that anything else listed on my case would be covered under warranty, even if the date of warranty had passed. Thanks Keystone, especially Henry, for working with me. That is how it is supposed to be. But still waiting on CW.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #7
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
Keystone came through. Got a large package this week from Keystone with our new mattress in it. Still haven't heard anything from CW. Thanks Keystone.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #8
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Steve,
When I got good service from Camping World, I went on the Camping World web-page and left comments as such. At the least, you should do the same, but obviously about your dissatisfaction. I did get a response from a regional level person. It is always good to vent, and the management above the local level needs to be aware of what happened. Good that at least Keystone came through.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:28 AM   #9
Lack of HP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13008
I agree with Bingo,on my last Cougar I had real issues. Could not get CW to do anything. Went to Keystone also not much help. Tried the Honey over Vinegar approach first as usually this works best. So I went to Facebook, Twitter and bought a banner that stretched down the side of my Cougar, They had a big Promo going on so I parked it outside along the roadway, it said would you buy here? No service, bad products. I was there a hour. Got a call from Keystone, the GM from CW came out and signed the agreement to fix my Cougar, I traded with him 3 months later. New Monty. We now have a understanding.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Steve,
When I got good service from Camping World, I went on the Camping World web-page and left comments as such. At the least, you should do the same, but obviously about your dissatisfaction. I did get a response from a regional level person. It is always good to vent, and the management above the local level needs to be aware of what happened. Good that at least Keystone came through.
Bingo
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:39 AM   #10
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Great idea to handle it Joe! Bet they remembered that when dealing with other customers.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #11
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
We bought our 2010 from Statesville CW, and have not been impressed with follow-on support. I needed two outside storage doors on my dollar and they showed no interest in ordering for me. They also were hard to deal with, during my initial PDI and necessary fixes at purchase. Will likely try Hook/Fayetteville CW for next purchase.

Dick, for your good boy list: Three Way Campers, Marietta GA. They were a pleasure to work with, and worked my door request very professionally, even though they only carried the Cougar line, and not Montanas.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:26 AM   #12
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I had good luck with Campingworld of South Alabama in Robertsdale. They took good care of my previous SOB motorhome and so far this rig.
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #13
Carole
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12726
I must give credit where credit is due. We bought our 2013 Mountaineer from Dandy RV I'm Anniston, AL. From the sale to supplying any parts or service work has been a very pleasant experience. We have had 9 rvs and by far we have never been treated better. Jim Cooley, the owner, and a super nice guy, supplied 2 super nice chairs for the rally. Every one at Dandy treats you like you are a very important customer no matter what you buy or if you buy. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again.
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote