Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2004, 06:12 PM   #1
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
Pick up coach at factory???????

My question is whether or not picking up a new coach at the factory would be better than accepting delivery at your local rv dealer. There are probably advantages and disadvantages at both kinds of deliveries. Perhaps some of you could comment with your experiences.

Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 09:37 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Only thing I have to offer is what I have overheard at the dealership. Keystone will not allow any private parties onto their lots now to pick up coaches. They will only release a coach to a transport company that has been approved by Keystone. Again, this is just what I have heard the other day. Have not checked with Keystone at all.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:17 AM   #3
Gene Chaltry
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #735
I agree with MontanaSky. I asked my dealer that also. Keystone will only let authorized transports pick them up.
Gene Chaltry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:30 AM   #4
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I'm not aware of Keystone's policies in this regard, but I did ask our dealer about it. We were told that for what the delivery companies charge, it not really worth it. Remember you would likely have to stay in hotels travelling both ways. (your new trailer wouldn't be in useable condition right out of the factory). The transport companies are very competitive (and can often haul trailers both ways from our area). I saw a billboard in Elkart advertising trailer transport for 75 cents a mile. If this is true, it gives you some idea of how much you may be able to save.

That said, I think I have seen a message on this forum that indicated that someone had done it.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 04:35 AM   #5
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Just noticed that you are from Alaska, that might change the picture some.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote