Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
Montana3811MS

M.O.C. #19851
Newbie to 3811ms

Hello Everyone. Thank you for the add to your group. I am so glad my husband found you. You'll have been a great help already. I consider ourselves newbies, and yet we have been camping 27yrs (2 years in a tent, 10 years in a pop-up, and 10years in a TT). How times fly but we still see ourselves young, HAH! We are new though to the big leagues Monties. It is a bit overwhelming, but also a little like Christmas morning kids excited. We just bought a '17 350DW Ford crew cab, to tow with. And Saturday we do our PDI on our 3811MS. I am a bit nervous about being thorough enough, and knowing enough to spot things that are wrong. We have our PDF lists and supplies to come with, but anything other tips and what to look for would be much appreciated. We have a lot to learn in a short amount of time.

Montana3811MS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
The biggest thing you can do is take your time and make the people doing the PDI take theirs. You just bought a camper from them and they made a bunch of money so don't feel you are inconveniencing them, they should be accomodating you! Besides your lists, just look around for anything that might seem unusual and don't feel bad about making them show you how something works more than once. The best thing is if each of you has tried the leveling and running the slides in and out yourself so that each of you has a memory of what to do.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:52 AM   #3
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations and welcome to this great forum.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:56 AM   #4
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14438
Dick said it best, TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Our PDI took over 5 hours. Don't let the PDI person rush you. Look at everything, and anything you find, make sure it FIXED or documented on a work order. Other than that enjoy and have fun. Congratulations!
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:01 AM   #5
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Welcome and you will love that new truck!
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 07:11 AM   #6
Retire 2022
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20065
Welcome! We too recently purchased our rig. May look a lot like yours. We have been 5450 miles in the truck and 1200 of those miles towing our 3811ms. The oval shaped decorative wood design above the island kitchen that is stapled to the ceiling on rough roads started coming loose (max speed 65 when towing on smooth highways; much slower on rough roads). It is a two piece design. I got on a ladder to look at it and decided to remove it from the ceiling. We took it back in to the dealer when we got home and had them just put up another piece of seam trim across the ceiling to match the others. That way the decorative designed wood couldn't come loose again and fall onto the island. That could end up breaking something. Other than that we have thoroughly ENJOYED our 3811ms and look forward to living full time in ours by the end of October. Only 5 years to retirement. We're starting our full time living early. Why Not? May you have Blessed travels and maybe we'll get to meet y'all somewhere down the road. Happy Travels!
Retire 2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:56 AM   #7
PackerFan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1081
Welcome to the MOC and wishing you many happy miles and adventures with your new rig.
PackerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:58 PM   #8
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Welcome, and Congrats on the new truck and Montana.

You will glean a wealth of information and friendship during your time here.
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #9
Montana3811MS

M.O.C. #19851
Thank you for that advice. We sure did that recently. Tuesday we drove to Indiana to tour the plant. We made the 1 hour tour into 2 1/4. We had a great group and Scott our tour guide did a very excellent job. The tour for me, since I like to see something to understand it really helped me feel like I can do a better job now on the walk through. Luckily for us more than 1/2 of what was on the line was our model��. One of the best things about our getting a Montana is the help that has come with it, like yourself. This group is top notch. Bless those that take time to welcome and guide and advise others.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:40 AM   #10
Montana3811MS

M.O.C. #19851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire 2022 View Post
Welcome! We too recently purchased our rig. May look a lot like yours. We have been 5450 miles in the truck and 1200 of those miles towing our 3811ms. The oval shaped decorative wood design above the island kitchen that is stapled to the ceiling on rough roads started coming loose (max speed 65 when towing on smooth highways; much slower on rough roads). It is a two piece design. I got on a ladder to look at it and decided to remove it from the ceiling. We took it back in to the dealer when we got home and had them just put up another piece of seam trim across the ceiling to match the others. That way the decorative designed wood couldn't come loose again and fall onto the island. That could end up breaking something. Other than that we have thoroughly ENJOYED our 3811ms and look forward to living full time in ours by the end of October. Only 5 years to retirement. We're starting our full time living early. Why Not? May you have Blessed travels and maybe we'll get to meet y'all somewhere down the road. Happy Travels!
Thank you for the warm welcome and you are right, we do look like twins . We even have a similar paint on our truck. We went on the Montana tour Tuesday, and I looked up at the oval wood piece around the light. I couldn't see how they attached it, so I am going to bring a step stool to the PDI and make sure it's secure. Thanks for the heads up (literally in this case). And congrats on your soon retirement! We really do hope to meet you sometime out in this beautiful country of ours. PS. I don't know how to make my replies to be specific to the one I'm responding to. HAHA ��. Only a newbie would do this!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:47 AM   #11
Montana3811MS

M.O.C. #19851
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFan View Post
Welcome to the MOC and wishing you many happy miles and adventures with your new rig.
Hello fellow Packers fans. I'm jealous that you are a shareholder. How great is that! You may ask what is a person from Chicago doing loving the Pack. I have to keep it kind of quiet around here, but the Bears being what they are right now, no one gives me to much grief about it ��