Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #1
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Replacement rear ladder

Sorry, I tried searching, but the search window simply closes as soon as I try to type a word into it. A glitch? Anyway I damaged the bottom of my ladder going through a dip this weekend. It broke the 2 vertical sides, right at the lowest rung of the ladder. Has anyone replaced theirs? I'm wondering if it's strictly a manufacturer item or are there aftermarket sources. Does anyone know the appropriate price of a replacement? Sheesh! My first damage on my 2013! I've been lucky (and careful)!

Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #2
hunts800
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11457
Due to stupidly trying to back my rig into the warehouse where I store it BY MYSELF! I have now replaced THREE ladders over the last 7 years (2010 & 2014 models). Each time I went with a Keystone ladder from the dealer. Between the ladder and shipping about $400 each time. There are cheaper after market ladders, but I wanted to use the same supports and minimize drilling any new holes, either in the roof or the back fiberglass. I now am religious about using a spotter!
Old 07-23-2017, 02:37 PM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Check with Trekwood.com. They stock Montana products, it's where I got replacement fenders for a 2010.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 09:28 AM   #4
jars
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1529
I done the same thing going across a dip. I got some tubing and fix it myself. It doesn't even show.
jars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:45 AM   #5
Mark N.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
I done the same thing going across a dip. I got some tubing and fix it myself. It doesn't even show.
jars...Is there a way you could elaborate on this fix? I am highly interested in how you accomplished it? Maybe even send me some pics. if you wouldn't mind? I've tried to figure a way to fix it myself, but I can't get any ideas, where it broke literally inside the first step. The vertical aluminum tubing on both sides of the first step are cracked in half right where the screws weaken them.
Mark N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #6
lostshakerofsalt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10012
Try this website. You can order parts to repair your ladder:

http://factoryrvsurplus.com/?s=Ladder
Home is where we park it
lostshakerofsalt is offline   Reply With Quote