Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2013, 02:20 AM   #1
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
JT Strongarms

Another point to debate. I have the JT STrongarms on my unit. My question is this. With the drop frame on the front and the landing legs not being extended that much, do the JT's actually do that much for you? I know you can't get the wiggle completely out of the trailer, but I really am not sure that these things are actually working like they did on the non drop frame unit.

What you say?

BTW I know that the level up will take care of this issue and I want to have it. But at this time I am perfectly able to do the manual thing of leveling so I don't want to put it on this unit at this time as I may change units in the future.

Dave

Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:43 AM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Dave ... I'm with you on the level up ... I guess later on in life it's a maybe ... for now I can rat hole that $5000 and easily haul around a few pieces of 2X8. Pulling up on wood just "ain't no thing" to me. As for the JT's, I have them and think they still do their job on my dropped frame as the rear mounts are the same. I do agree that the improvement is not as noticable as on the older straight frame models of which I owned also.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:25 AM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Do you make sure each strut has either pressure or tension on it? If you can shake a strut and it rattle then it is not doing any good. Would need to either raise or lower jacks ( or stabs) slightly to tighten them.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

One problem I haven’t had with this trailer is motion while camping.

I position the trailer where I want it.

Using wood blocks or plywood squares as needed I do the following.

I check my L to R level. I place a 3 ton jack under the low mor/ryde center bracket. I level the trailer L to R.

Then I put the front landing gear (front legs) down so both touch the ground. Then unhook the truck.

Then I level the trailer front to back with the landing gear.

Then I run the rear stabilizers down until they stop moving. You can hear the weight coming off the suspension system. The rear stabilizers are self leveling.

We find this trailer quite stable compared to the other trailers we have had in the past.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote