Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2008, 08:12 AM   #1
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
Water Pump Size Advice

I need input about the size of water pumps used in the Monty. My water pump in our 2955RL has a problem pumping water from the rear of the 5th wheel to all the faucets and shower. The water will start out running and then almost drys up. The pump that came with the Monty is a 2.9 GPM pump. I installed a 3.5 GPM Variable Speed Drive pump that I had and it did improve the water flow somewhat but still not adequately enough to suite me. I would like to be able to shower when dry camping.

Has anyone else had this problem in the Monty? Would the 5.7 GPM Shurflo pump from CW solve this problem?

I value your input. Thanks
JB

Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
If you have already replaced the pump and it still did not cure the issue, I would have to suggest it is probably not the pump and sounds more like a flow restriction somewhere in the line.

Our 2955 was fine for showering. It did cycle somewhat, but part of the design was to conserve tank water.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #3
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
Stock pump works fine for us. I think there is some other problem, a kinked line come to mind first.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
Fire5er
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3403
Why not take it back to the dealer to fix the problem? It sounds like there is somthing in your water lines.
Fire5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
You guys are right on. The Monty was in the shop at the time of the post so I called them to have the pump and flow checked out. The service mgr. called to say they think there may be a kink, blockage, or a loose fitting at the tank causing air in the lines.
So they have to get authorization from Keystone to pull the belly pan and check the line all the way back to the freshwater tank.
I will post back as to what the problem was. Scheduled to pick the Monty up tomorrow.
JB
Old 03-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Mike and Wendy
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1148
Is it just on the hot water side? It may be the check valve on the hot water tank.
Mike and Wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
Jolu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7919
All is well now. The line from the tank in the rear to the pump in the front was about 3' to long thus causing a kink in the line. You guys had it pegged. That is why this forum is so good. There is a lot of knowledge out there. Thanks for sharing.
JB